West Coast

"Dear, pass me the flour please." Molly asserted.

My hands clutched  the big bag of flour as I felt a pair of warm hands grasp my waist.

"Sorry princess, just trying to get to the cupboard," a shirtless George smirked lifting his bare arms to the cabinet right on top of me.

My eyes widen, I froze in shock, my heart fell to my stomach when I recognized his voice.

"Honey, the flour." Molly nagged from across the kitchen breaking me from my trance.

"Yeah sorry," I mumbled realizing George's hand had already left my waist.

I passed Molly the bag of flour as I helped her bake the cinnamon and vanilla cookies, my brain wandered off to George's touch earlier or last night with Ron.

"Y/n, me and gin are going to Hogsmeade to buy some gifts, are you coming?" Hermione asked bursting into the kitchen.

I looked back at Molly who had her entire hand-dipped in the dirty kitchen sink.

"Go dear, I'll get Ron to help me clean this up." She exclaimed with a smile.

I sighed in relief and whispered a "thank you" to her, I quickly dried my hands with a soft cloth which was laying on the counter.

"Hermione, sweetie, tell George to go with you two, I don't want the three of you on the street alone at night," Molly shouted to Hermione from across the room.

"Oh alright, y/n go call George." Hermione demanded to me.

My smile dropped, I felt my face grow cold.

"Sure," I replied.

I made my way up the wooden stairs, standing right in front of the wooden door, I let my hands fold into a fist and I softly knocked the door.

"Come in." George's deep voice emerged from the room.

I slowly twisted the door knob to a shirtless, sweaty George laying on his bed, a cigarette in between his pointer and middle finger, his record player playing some type of soft rock.

"Your mom said you have to come with us to hogsmaede." I said entering the room.

George stood up from the bed slowly bringing up the almost finished cigarette to his lips taking it in.

"Why doesn't your boyfriend go?" He questioned, his eyes now staring at mine.

"Molly wants you." I exclaimed now closer to George.

A thick smirk grew on Georges lips as he slowly blew the smoke out of his mouth.

"Well let me get changed." George suggested letting the cigarette out of his lips and into his fingers.

I turned around to leave the room when George's hands pushed the door, shutting it close.

"Stay." He demanded closer to me.

I sat down on his bed seeing the almost empty carton of cigarettes laying on his mattress, the used cigarette buds laying on the hard wood floor.

"Shit George how many of this did you smoke." I let out looking up to George who was slowly picking out a shirt to wear out.

He turned around to face me, "none of your business." he mummbled slightly licking his bottom lips.

"Yes it is my buisnnes, you're my best friend George I don't want you to die of lung cancer at thirty." I sighed standing up from the bed.

his smirk fell, his brown eyes staring me in awe "You forgive me?" He sighed.

My lips formed a slight smile "of course." I whispered.

His lips formed into a grin, his soft eyes started to water up. He gulped letting a tear roll down his cheek.

"George," I whispered wrapping my arms around him.

He hugged me back, squeezing me so tightly like I was trying to run away from his grip.

"I'm sorry." He sniffled, "I didn't mean to call you that."

"It's fine, I've been called worse." I chuckled trying to calm him down.

"No it's not fine, I fucked up I ruined everything between us." He sighed.

"I fucked up because I love you."

My heart dropped as I immediately removed my arms from George's neck.

"No, you don't," I exclaimed staring at a tear-stained George.

"Yes I do y/n, I've always had." He mumbled removing his hands from my waist.

I stared at him in silence, I softly sighed and quickly stormed out of the room.

"y/n, please" He shouted but I was already out the door.

I kept walking staring at the floor until I bumped with a tall figure.

"Sorry," I mumbled quickly wiping away the tears from my cheek.

"It's alright love." Fred sighed making me look up to the 6-foot tall ginger hovering over me.

"Um, Fred, do you want to come with me and the girls to Hogsmeade," I asked.

"Sure, let me get changed." Fred replied with a grin.

I gave him a soft smile and kept walking where Hermione and Ginny were patiently sitting.

"wheres George, and what took you so long." Hermione scoffed.

"He's not coming," I mentioned pushing back tears, "Fred's coming instead."