♚ chapter 1 - arbitrium ♚

As Eadlyn ventured through the halls of the castle's third floor, her mind was a whirlwind. She had no clue about what she wanted to do, but she was sure of something: she would certainly be happy with both Kile or Eikko, so why didn't she just choose Kile? 

This thought made her stop in her tracks, she barely even noticed it when a maid stopped to ask if she was all right or needed assistance. She haphazardly smiled at the maid and assured her that she was fine. Once the maid scurried off, Eadlyn made the decision to go back to her room to think about the pro's and con's of both Kile and Eikko. 

Clearly, she wasn't thinking of her heart. She opened the door to her room and found Eloise steaming a dress. Eadlyn politely asked her if she could leave as Eadlyn claimed she wanted to rest. As Eloise quickly curtsied (ignoring Eadlyn's multiple requests against it) she unplugged the steamer and walked out the door with it, shutting the door carefully yet fast. Eadlyn extended her arm and turned the lock on the door. When she heard the click of the sound, she relaxed. She paced around her room and soon came to a decision. Surprisingly, when she came to this conclusion, her mind completely left the other man and focused only on her (hopefully) soon-to-be fiancée. 

Before she went to propose, she wanted to talk to someone. If things were the same as before her Selection, she wouldn't have hesitated to knock on Ahren's door. As she did most of the time, she would find him surrounded by letters to his beloved Princess Camille or playing and hanging with their younger brothers Kaden and Osten. For a split second she convinced herself that he was actually behind his door doing just those things. When she remembered that her twin was not even in Illéa, her heart ached. Ahren had gone off to marry the gorgeous French Princess and wouldn't be back anytime soon. 

Her mind then drifted to other options.. Her mother could be an option, or her father. Maybe even both? She thought this over for a few seconds and then the perfect person came into her mind. 

"Of course!" She suddenly exclaimed. 

Eadlyn had no clue as to why she had said that out loud, so she went back to simply thinking. She walked over the ornate Persian carpet, right next door to her little brother Kaden's room. Ever since their mother had had her heart attack and Ahren had eloped to France, Kaden had quite suddenly matured. Obviously, Eadlyn knew that her brother had pushed himself in his studies and hobbies much harder than her or Ahren did even being the Heir and the Spare, but Kaden became more and more of an adult every day. He would be turning fifteen, the same age as Josie, in a little less than a month but Kaden had truly transformed into a smarter version of Ahren. Eadlyn knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" Kaden called. 

Eadlyn opened the door, quietly, as she had been taught as a child and walked into her little brothers room. 

"Oh, Eady! I wasn't expecting you here." He said briefly looking up from the report he was reading. 

"Well is it so bad that I wanted to talk to someone and happened to pick my baby brother?" Eadlyn asked, in a joking tone. 

"Okay... what did you need to talk about?" Kaden asked putting down the papers. 

"So, I  believe that I have made my choice for my Prince Consort." Eadlyn announced to him. 

"Wait what? Really?" Kaden asked, wanting confirmation. Kaden looked down at his older sister. He had surpassed her in height as he was 5'11 which was 'oddly tall' for an almost fifteen year old. 

"Yes, really. Kaden, I think that I am going to marry..." 

A/N: Most of us probably know who she will choose, but I'm excited either way! This is my first fanfic and I'm super excited. I feel like this chapter was really short, I don't know what a normal chapter will look like, but I'm hoping that it will be longer than this. Writing this chapter took me about 20 minutes until I had to go study for exams (yes I'm in school and yes I'm supposed to be studying for my midterms right now, how did you know?) Also, I've always loved Kosie (Jaden?) together so that will be one (of the multiple) main focus' about this story. Right now, I have no idea about how to tie it all together so maybe it'll just kinda be OS but a story? 

Please let me know if y'all (if anyone is even reading this) have any ideas or anything about where you want this story to go and what characters you want to read more about and how I should tie this all together.