Ch. 1-Denial

Jean never thought that he would find himself in this kind of situation. Never thought that he would feel the hammering in his chest, the butterflies in his chest, and the instant feeling of warmth.

When he first realized what it was he was disgusted, denying the fact that he could have let it come to this. 

To begin with, Jean never thought that he would fall in love.

Let alone with the boy currently arguing over which Naruto character would win in a fight.

The two of them were sitting on the carpet, the T.V on in the background as Eren and Armin were bickering endlessly.

"No way! Armin, you're a complete idiot if you think that Might Guy could beat Jiraiya! Have you not /watched/ the series?!" Eren almost looked disgusted as he huffed and threw his arms in the air. 

Honestly, how could someone get this heated by a show?

"Not only is Jiraiya (rest his soul) amazing, but Might Guy doesn't stand a chance! Sure, when he unlocks all 8 gates he is pretty unstoppable...but that's not considering Jiraiya's skill of combat knowledge and tactics let alone he's a /Sannin/ and his Sage mode."

Jean has been listening to the two of them going back and forth for the last hour, and honestly, he couldn't keep up. 

Not that he didn't enjoy the show, that was beside the point. He just didn't understand the arguing when a scenario like that would never happen.

"Weren't we supposed to go to the arcade today?" Jean grumbled from his seat as he crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair. The only reason he agreed to hang out with these two idiots was that Eren suggested the arcade. He could have easily gone himself.

Stopping mid-sentence, Eren turned his attention towards Jean, offering him a cheesy smile and a nod as an apology. "Right, right I completely forgot," he laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"This fight isn't over," The brunette grumbled and pushed himself up from the floor and offered a hand to Armin. 

The blonde sighed, surely annoyed by Eren's stubbornness just as much as Jean.

"Listen, if it means you'll drop it, you win," Armin sighed and reached for his wallet. 

There really was no reasoning with Eren when he was worked up like that.

"Alright!" Eren cheered, another loose grin falling to his features as he looked back at Jean. 

"You're coming right?"

It was in moments like these that Jean could start to understand why he started to have feelings for the other brunette. Sure, he was loud, obnoxious, and stubborn...but at the right times, he was kind, compassionate, and caring. 

"Of course I am, do you think I'd just sit here by myself?" He asked with a sigh as he stood up from the chair.

Jean cursed to himself as he put his jacket on, walking behind the two of them, putting his shoes on before they left the house.

Part of the walk was nice and quiet, the three of them enjoying the rare silence as they headed towards the arcade; that is until Eren opened his mouth.

He cleared his throat first, and Jean guessed either Eren didn't do his homework, or he needed money for the arcade.

Neither was the case.

"So listen... the other day," Eren started as he shoved both of his hands into his jacket pockets and turned around to walk backwards as he faced Armin and Jean. 

"...Historia seemed to have confessed to me and asked me out. I-...haven't given her an answer yet, I wanted to tell you guys about it first...I'm not sure how I should respond."

Eren's face was faintly flushed, probably embarrassed about having to bring it up in the first place.

Jean could feel it like a hit to the gut. The heavy feeling that started to weigh in his stomach and tug at his heart.

"Why the hell did you wanna talk to us about it?" Jean asked with a raised brow, covering the truth of his own feelings with a stone-cold face.

Armin quickly glanced at Jean before offering Eren a smile. "Well do you like her? If so then you should try going out with her. But-" Armin paused and looked at Jean once more.

"You shouldn't hide your feelings. If you don't like her, be honest with her."

For some reason Jean felt like half of the was for him and he started to get an unsettling feeling in his chest. Did-... Does Armin know?

No way.

"Hmm.. I'll keep it in mind," Eren mumbled, seeming to be lost in thought about something before he turned back around and kept walking.

Jean's eyes drifted from the back of Eren's head back to Armin, wondering if maybe he was thinking too much into it, or if the blonde was more clever than he leads on. 

------------------------------------------------------------

"...Space Invaders or Pacman," Eren muttered more to himself as he held his quarters in his hands. 

"You have enough to play both, why don't you play Pacman first? You suck at that game," Jean offered as he came up from behind him and inserted his own quarters into the Space Invaders game.

"Hey!" Eren exclaimed, scowling as he put the quarters into the old Pacman game. "That's not fair...you just wanted to play that one."

Jean laughed, a cheeky grin falling to his face as he quickly glanced at Eren who still seemed to be pouting over it.

"Pfft, don't pout over it Eren," Jean chuckled and turned to focus more on the game so his quarters didn't go to waste.

Jean would never admit it to anyone other than himself, but it was quick moments like this that he cherished; the laughter from Eren and the pure happiness he felt in his chest. 

Quick, fleeting moments like these.

He'd be fine with this.

Armin lagged behind as his back was pressed against the wall, holding his quarters in his hand as he watched the two of them.

 It was quite ridiculous that the two of them have been circling around each other for as long as they have. 

On one hand, Jean was stubborn and a huge pessimist. He always refused to acknowledge his own feelings over logic and what he thought others would think. If it wasn't that, it was his constant 'the worst will happen,' belief that would most likely get in the way of his own happiness. 

In a way it always has.

Eren on the other hand was just an idiot. Armin was almost 100% certain that the brunette hasn't even recognized his own feelings for the other, let alone get the confidence and courage to confess. 

"NoooOO!" Eren groaned as he sunk his head and let out a defeated sigh.

"I told you that you sucked," Jean chuckled.

Eren scoffed as if he was offended and lightly punched the other in the arm, causing Jean to lose his game as well.

"Hey!"

"Karma," Eren retorted and stuck his tongue out.

Jean rolled his eyes and ruffled the other's hair. "What are you, a child?"

Even if Jean didn't flat out say it, and tried his best to hide it, he really was showing his emotions on his sleeve.

The only time he laughed and smiled like this was when Eren was around, how was it that Armin was the only one to notice it? Maybe Mikasa did too, but even if she did she was too disinterested to say anything. 

The two of them seemed to continue to bicker as Armin pushed himself off of the wall to follow them to their next games, keeping a somewhat watchful eye out on Eren.

Was he planning on accepting Historia's confession?

And was Jean going to do anything about it?