Children who didn't know anything about war, but knew the hazards of it. But they still went outside with their parents permission to play with others. Killing non-combatants is a war crime, and they will pay with a river of blood.

I noticed an unidentified person walking up to my right.

"Get down!"

Pointing my barrel at the person, I realized it was just a kid. And now the kid had witnessed the corpses of his friends he just played with a few minutes ago.

"Are you alright?"

The kid said nothing.

"Can you hear me?"

Maybe the gunshots ruptured his eardrums temporarily. So I pointed at my ears to signal if he had his hearing lost. His hands were in his pocket the whole time, which I carelessly failed to see.

The moment his hands exit out of his pockets, he had a sidearm pistol in his hands, pointed straight right at me.

Muscle memory was my lucky charm.

Bang!

One bullet, it took one bullet to end a kid's future. My entire arms and hands pointed my M4A1 at him, and shot 1 bullet into his head clean.

A quick death, but one that is lost.

Before I could break down, I talked to the radio.

"Shooter is down. It was a kid with a Makarov 9mm. Multiple non-combatants have been killed. 1 enemy KIA. No sustained injuries for me and the Private."

I begun to realize after finishing the sentence.

I just killed a child.

...

My body sits straight up, my breathing pace heavily increases as I look at myself and my hands.

I must've had a flashback dream. Dammit.

"I could've saved those children.. I shouldn't have shot the kid..."

I said to myself over and over.

[ The Next Day ]

I woke up at 5 in the morning and stood up all morning to 10:00 am. I had been sitting on my bed for the time being, just looking at the ceiling.

I don't know what I was thinking because I couldn't remember it. But it wasn't something that I would want to think about again.

One way I found a way to relieve stress was to work my body. My brain focuses on that primary goal for a while and stays there for a while.

I got a huge floor mat when I was moving into this apartment for workout reasons.

I got on the floor with my hands and begin to do push-ups, crunches, all types of workouts. To think 4 years ago I could hardly do 15 of these types of workout routines.

I had been watching the news as well when I was doing my daily workout routine.

'The election for Prime Minister seems to be agitating everyone in Japan. The 2 politicians who plan to become the Prime Minister of Japan. One of them is Mr. Yukinoshita. Here, we have him give his speech.'

Yukinoshita's father running for Prime Minister? I guess that is good news for her. I don't really care because the Prime Minister can only control my civilized rights and life.

"I have decided to run for Prime Minister, because I realize how perfect Japan has been. You see, the word perfect means a lot in my opinion. Is Japan perfect for what? Notice how I didn't specify what Japan is perfect for. I begun to realize that the only perfection Japan has only attained is when post WW2, the Americans rebuilt Japan into what it is today. But now, I want to make more of it happen. Suicides have been Japan's most problematic cases and it definitely isn't improving. I want to help the people, I want to save lives. But in order to save lives, you must vote for the right person. Notice how I didn't specify that you should vote for me. Because maybe I am not the right person to vote for."