Chapter 35: The Talk

Beginne am Anfang

"You still love me?" I asked, barley above a whisper. Ivy nodded her head yes, and I felt a mix between anger and guilt bubble up inside of me. "Then why?"

"Why wh-"

"Why did you leave me?! If you loved me the way you say you do then it doesn't make any sense! I thought we were forever......" I interrupted as my voice lowered to a whisper before picking back up. "But apparently you had other ideas in mind."

"This is not entirely my fault!" Ivy quickly sputtered out her words in defense. "I wouldn't have left if maybe you saw me in the same way I saw you. But you never will. I'm just a dumb plant right? Huh? Is that what you think of me?! Of course that's what you think of me! You'll never understand what it's like to have every human part of you get ripped out as liquid invades your brain, turning you to plant. You will never understand what it was like to be converted into...into some type of monster! But what do I know, right?! I'm just a dumb plant after all!"

I sat there, angry, confused, and above all sad. I felt like I was in a boxing match that I didn't sign up for and I was cornered with no where to go.

I saw Ivy breathe heavily in anger after she gave her little rant. She was visibly tired from both the argument and, as the bags under her eyes gave away, lack of sleep. She looked so helpless, like she had been fighting every part of her body for months.

"I never called you a dumb plant." I said softly as I stood up and started walking towards the edge of the bed where Ivy sat.

"No! Get away from me! You're poisoning my body with your words! My body is leaking! What the fuck?!" Ivy panicked as she touched her cheek, feeling a small wet streak. "I'm pretty sure bodies aren't supposed to leak! What did you do to me?!"

Ivy shot out of the bed and backed away slowly until her back was pressed against the bedroom door. It took every ounce of self control not to laugh at her for what she was saying. I still slowly made my way towards the bedroom door, where Ivy stood frozen.

"Your body isn't leaking, Red." I smiled, trying to surprise a giggle that threatened to slide past my lips. "That's called feelings. That's the part of you left over from when you were Dr.Isley. And you wanna know why you have these feelings? Because you're more than just a dumb plant."

By the time I finished talking, I was as close to Ivy as my bump would allow me to without actually touching the beautiful woman. She looked at me in confusion as my words processed in her brain. Surely, Ivy must have known that her body wasn't leaking, but the lack of sleep was definetley messing with her brain.

"S-so then.......if you weren't the one who called me a dumb plant? Then who was?" Ivy asked, staring me in the eyes.

"No one." I said as I grabbed her hand for reassurance. "That was Scarecrow's toxins, remember? He made a new recipe that even you weren't immune to. I know it was scary, but none of it was real. I promise."

Ivy rubbed her thumb over the top of my hand as she listen to me talk. Her touch made small waves of happiness and warmth surge through my body. I felt my heartbeat pick up as we made eye contact.

I took a step back to give her space, but Ivy wrapped an arm around my back and pulled me closer in. Her lips crashed into mine as her other arm made its way up to the side of my face, cupping my cheek as she pulled my face into hers.

        Excitement overwhelmed my body as I pressed my lips into hers in return. My hands found their way around the green goddess' waist as I felt her body press into the bedroom door. I was the first to break the kiss, gasping for air as my lips only slightly held contact with hers. I prayed with every bone in my body that this wasn't a goodbye kiss. I longed Ivy now more than ever.

        "I love you." I whispered.

         She gave no answer, but I felt her smile against my lips.

———
**A/N: hey! So, long story short, I'm really sorry about not posting for months at a time. Life has been mega crazy between school and soccer and my own stupid mental health. But I'm back now! I probably won't be on a definite schedule for awhile simply because I'm starting to run out of ideas. Feel free to dm me with any ideas you would like to contribute! If I use your idea, I will obviously give you credit. If you don't have anything you would like to share, that is totally okay, I'm sure I can figure something out.

Quick question before I go: in my earlier chapters, there was a bit of smut. Nothing crazy, but it was definetley there. Would y'all like to see more smut woven into chapters or just keep it plot-driven (kind of like how it is now) ?

^so if y'all could leave a quick comment and respond to that, it would be greatly appreciate. Or, if you're not comfortable with commenting, you can also dm me an answer.

That's all for now, folks. Until next time!**