Merry Christmas [19]

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, darling, the house might be messy. It's been a while." Jon told her as he fumbled with the keys to open his door.

"S'alright sweet face." She smiled rubbing his shoulder than he finally pushed the door open the reveal his cozy but bare home.

Kennedy strolled in first, tugging her luggage behind her while she looked around at his space. It was an open floor plan, so she could see every part of the house. He had a decent sized living room with a comfy-looking couch and TV. To the left was the kitchen that was clean, and a small bar at the corner; the shelves filled with different bottles of alcohol. Jon's favorite Jack Daniel's whisky in the middle.

"You like it?" He asked as he wrapped his arms behind her to rest his head on her shoulder. She turned a bit and nodded and pecked his lips.

"It's nice. Kinda bare but it suites you." She spoke, and he chuckled.

"I'm not too sure on how to decorate this place. Did you want to get freshened up, then I can show you around and get lunch?"

"Sure. Show me the bedroom?" He took her hand and led the way towards his bedroom and opened the door. Again the space was bare but still tidy and clean, which was a good sign.

"Bathroom is to the left." He pointed to the other side of the room where there was another close door.

"I'll get our luggage and start unpacking. Grab any towel off the shelf, they're all clean, anyway." He told her and she nodded, pecking his lips once more before heading towards the bathroom.

After a good fifteen minutes she walked out wrapped in the white towel as Jon sat on the foot of the bed tapping his fingers against his knees staring at the TV that was mounted on the wall in front of him.

He turned his attention towards her when he heard the bathroom door open. A smirk fell across his face as he watched her saunter over to him, hair still wet as her body hugged tight to the towel.

"I put your clothes in the top drawer. Feel free to change right here." He grinned laying back as she rolled her eyes throwing off the towel and flinging it towards him.

Before he could react, she had already pulled on her bra and underware, making him groan.

"Go get showered, I'm starving for some lunch." She said as she sifted through the drawer, pulling out a pair of jeans and a shirt to wear.

"You're a tease!" Jon said in a singsong voice while he headed to the bathroom.

Kennedy giggled to herself and shook her head, getting changed and flopping down onto the bed continuing to watch the game that was playing on the TV.

"It's so nice out, I love this weather." Kennedy laughed while she and Jon walked down the strip.

"Better than shoveling out snow." He added, and she giggled, nodding her head.

"Definitely. Where are you taking me?" She asked as Jon took a turn to head towards one of his favorite spots to eat at.

"Hopefully you're in the mood for sandwiches." He responded, pulling open the door letting her walk in with him following behind her.

"It's like you read my mind." She laughed, taking a look at the menu before they both ordered and took a seat near the window, getting a nice view of the strip.

"Gonna show you around the city, then we could head back and relax." Jon told her, reaching to grab hold of her hands from across the table.

"I'd like that a lot. I think it's great that we spent the next few days relaxing, Christmas time with my family can be a bit hectic." He furrowed his eyebrows as she sighed and let out a nonchalant laugh.