~ Chapter 10 ~

Mulai dari awal

The Queen of Pop ruffled his black hair, giggling; she still hadn't understood what he meant by "boom boom", and that made her curious ... but her mind was too busy on other subject to focus on that "little" detail. Branch had resumed his way back to the mountains, at first Poppy was smiling, amused by the funny way the puppy troll walked on his three legs, but her mind eventually traveled to her worries; she missed her friends and father so much ... what if Barb had hurt them? Was there some of them in the zombies looking for her?

Branch had sensed her pain and let out a whimper as he looked at her. But she continued to stare at the ground sadly… he hated to see her sad, when Poppy was sad, boom boom tightened painfully in his chest and his ears go down sadly. He had to quickly find a way to help her feel better !

Branch observed the area around him, trees and mushrooms ... but the more he observed, the more he began to build a course in his mind ...

- Poppy ! the puppy troll caught her attention.

She looked up at him;

- What's the matter ? You're hungry ?

She was about to pull some berries out of her bag, but Branch slid under her cloak and grabbed something between his teeth; it was a stick with a rope attached to it, then that rope was attached to the belt around Poppy's waist.

Remember I told you they made up tactics ?

- Oh oh, the pink troll laughed, you want to play again?

- 'urf! Branch managed to bark with the stick between his teeth.

Poppy smiles widely. In the blink of an eye she wrapped the rope around her wrist and recited the name of their favourite tactic;

- Branch, zoom zoom !

Like an arrow in the air, Branch raced through the dense vegetation, pulling his friend behind him. Their first attempts had often been unsuccessful, but with practice Branch was able to take the most impossible paths, followed by Poppy who had learned to follow him by jumping over or sliding through obstacles without getting trapped. As well as being fun, this tactic allowed them to outrun an opponent in only few seconds.

- Woohooo! Poppy laughed to accompany Branch's cheerful howl.

• ♡ •

And .... dead end.

After playing, Branch had led them up the mountain ... but before the mountain there was little, but deep cliff that separated them from the path taken by the troll they were looking for.

- We must found a way pass ! Poppy told Branch.

The gray troll understands and easily climbs a rock, looking for a way to cross this obstacle from a higher view. For her part, Poppy was also looking ...

- Find ! Branch exclaimed, jumping down the rock.

Poppy followed where his gaze was ... a log sprawled over the cliff, forming a natural bridge. Poppy let out a victory squeal;

- Good boy! Come on!

The two trolls approached their way to bridge; the trunk was completely frozen to the ground, so they could step on it without risking it moving. Poppy, confident and determined to find this other troll, climbed onto the trunk and passing on it. The bridge creaked worryingly, but didn't give way.

- Your turn ! She told Branch, relieved to have crossed.

But it was a horrible whimper that answered her; Branch was back up, staring worriedly at the bridge. At this sight, the heart of the pink troll sank; the poor boy was terrified at the idea of ​​crossing the bridge.