15 : 𝖬𝗂𝗌𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗉𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N!"

Taehyun jogged right up to me and blew a kiss. I dodged with a frown. He gripped on his backpack and pouted.

"Why did you dodge it?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at him. He smiled in return. Taking my hand, he pulled me inside the building. To be honest, I still couldn't believe that everything happened in just a snap. Just the other week, we were spitting fire to each other. But then last night, he came to me, all vulnerable and transparent, asking for forgiveness. I knew by then that he was sincere; his brown eyes told me so and they could never lie. Taehyun and I went straight to the great hall where our classmates already were. Apparently, Taehyun sent the materials ahead so they could start working without us. I've seen progress.

"Oi!" Felix called, body tangled in red lace. He pouted his lips to our intertwined fingers. "What's that? What did I miss, Kang?"

We immediately let go of each other, looking opposite ways. My face was heating up at the moment and I bet that he felt the same too. Felix smirked and turned away, proceeding with his chaotic work.

"I'll.. I'll be with the girls." I stammered and awkwardly ran to them.

The entire day, everyone worked. Though others would ditch to the cafeteria, snacking the time away. Taehyun would be the one to chase after them and force them back to work. I directed the rest into crafting and placing the decorations to their rightful places. Occasionally, I'd steal a glimpse of Taehyun. He took off his coat so he was on his buttoned up shirt, hair a little limp from sweat, as he sternly eyed those who dared to escape. I fondly shook my head. He may have gone kinder but he still does look intimidating.

"Y/N? Can you hang these up there for me?"

"Sure."

I took a string of garlands and climbed up a ladder. A few girls flocked around me to assist, holding the rest of the long string so it doesn't tangle, others handing me things to use for adhesion.

"Pass me the scissors!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

A clasdmate ran past, accidentally hitting the ladder. It wobbled and I held onto it for dear life. Just when it was about to fall, I heard Taehyun call my name.

"Y/N!"

BLAG!

Just in time, he caught me as I fell. I had my arms around his neck, his own around my torso, holding me tight. We stared at each other's eyes for a couple seconds before I realized that he was slowly leaning in. I blinked, thinking it was just an illusion but no. Taehyun kept closing the distance, his eyes flashing adoration and sincerity. I closed my eyes, ready for what was about to come when..

"OI!"

We flinched. It was as if we snapped out of our shared world and reality came to slap us back to earth. Felix was holding his phone up, recording. The rest of the class were behind him, grinning mischievously at us.

"So this is what we've been missing?" He teased. "Rivalry to romance? I'm fucking touched!"

"Keep your phone down." Taehyun warned, gently letting me go. "Felix, I swear to God."

"No, don't stop!" Felix cackled. "We need more sweetness! We want diabetes!"

"I'll fucking show you diabetes-"

As Taehyun charged to him, my phone rang. It was mom, asking for FaceTime. She looked like she was having fun in our new family home with my little cousins playing by the pool in the background. She waved at me, I waved back.

"What's up?" I grinned.

"I've heard you're out of class. How's my baby girl doing?"

"Good." I flipped the camera and showed the venue. "See? We're almost done with the decorations."

"Oh my goodness. Is that Taehyun? Who is he fighting?"

"Oh, yeah." I chuckled. "Don't worry, it's not that serious."

"So," mom wiggled her brows. "How's the relationship running? Smooth?"

I blushed. "M-mom!"

"You haven't been arguing lately, have you?"

"No.."

"Did you show him around your new unit?"

"Um.. Yes.. He's been there last night.."

"Last night?" She squinted her eyes. "Y/N-"

"We did nothing wrong!" I sighed. "He needed help, mom. Jesus. I don't want to get laid at this age!"

Mom laughed loudly, spilling a bit of her juice from her glass as she threw herself back in amusement. Taehyun eventually came to me.

"Y/N! We should take a bre-.. Oh, who are you talking to?"

I faced him to the camera. Mom squealed in delight while Taehyun froze in shyness. He awkwardly rubbed his nape and looked away.

"H-hello, Mrs. L/N.."

"Heavens. You look restless, dear!"

He dryly chuckled. "S-schoolworks.."

"You sure it's schoolworks?" She raised a brow. "Not late night shenanigans with my daughter?"

"Mom!"

"We're.. We're too young for that.."

"I was just playing." She winked. "I have to go; your dad needs help with the barbecue. You know. Excited to hang out with the neighbors."

Sighing, Taehyun and I waved goodbye before the screen went off. Peace at last.

"We should take a break." Taehyun suggested. "And then we can proceed to the touch ups for the big night tomorrow."

"Sure."

"I'm thrilled to see you at the ball." He winked and walked off. "Dress well for me~"