Chapter 5

"Okay Turner, thank you for the tour." You said with a chuckle as the overly ecstatic Turner brought you back to the hanger. "Which ship is your favorite?" You asked to humor him.

"Oh, I don't even know! They are all so incredible!" He boasted. He caught himself in his excited haze and immediately retreated into his soldier mindset," I'm sorry your majesty, I never get to talk about these things with others. I will keep my thoughts on check."

You chuckled and punched his arm lightly," It's okay kid. It's good for a soldier to be excited about his way of life — it keeps them motivated. So please, don't stop on my behalf."

"Well, is there anything specific that you use at your planet? We might have it here. I could show you."

You hesitated and hummed in thought, "Do you have a library?"

He seemed taken aback — like he didn't expect you to say that. "I'm not sure. If there is we don't have access to it." He looked around to avoid your eyes.

"Turner..." you said in a playful accusing tone," Is there a library you aren't suppose to know about on this ship?"

He looked around for a moment," I really shouldn't say."

You looked at him, "how about we go back to my room but we take the scenic route, maybe there is a library on the way there?"

He hesitated, but he saw the look in your eye and knew you wouldn't back down, "sounds like a plan miss."

Turner led you down a hallway," It's the Supreme Leader's private library. You wouldn't go in there if you knew what was good for you."

You smiled at him," I'm comfortable with violence, if that's what your suggesting."

He rolled his eyes in order to hold back a laugh," I have duties to fulfill. I'm taking you back to your room."

"Fine, I have work to do anyways."

____________________

Turner took you back to your room and you just finished up some legislative duties and chatted with Lylola about what's to come.

You changed into your sleep wear and tried to fall asleep.

I need to read something

I need to read something. You stated in your mind.

Learning has always been apart of your routine, it keeps you sharp. You always made it a point to learn something new, so reading was apart of your routine.

You thought back to the door Turner showed you. His voice rang in your mind," If you know what's good for you."

You smiled to yourself," I never know what's good for me."

You hopped out of bed and headed for the door.

Time to be sneaky.

You slipped out your door into the brightly lit hallway. You didn't put on your shoes to avoid any noise.

You made your way through the hallways careful to jump into closets or random rooms when you sensed people.

You made it back to the door. There was a pin pad on it but you knew it wouldn't stop you.

Looking around to make sure no one could see you, you held your hand up to the pad and used the force to move all the locks.

You heard a click and a hiss and the door was open.

You stepped into a large room.

It was nothing like the rest of the ship.

In the middle of the room was a deep green couch with two chairs. The opposing wall was a huge window. There were two stories, the upper only wrapping around the edge of the room. There was a desk in front of the window, scattered with papers. Mahogany book shelves filled with literature lined the upper and lower level walls. The upper level had a gold railing and stairs off to the side of the door.

It was magnificent.

You walked along the edge of the room, the door closing behind you.

You looked at all the titles of the books. This library had everything.

The desk was scattered with papers and electronics, but no decorations. At least put a flower or something on the desk. You chuckled in your mind when you heard the door open again with a hiss.

You, startled, jump at the sound and darted your head at the door.

"What are you doing in here?" An angry Supreme Leader yelled through his voice modifier as he made long strides towards you.

You could tell you looked afraid, you didn't even sense him you were so distracted," I- I'm sorry, I was just looking for a book to read."

"What?" He hissed, a few feet in front of you. He was scanning your body. His sight lingered on your exposed stomach.

"I didn't have time to grab any books, and this seems to be the only library in this ship... it's beautiful." You said as you glanced around at the shelves again.

He grabbed your arm, "It's not open to the public." He said in a low voice.

Your eyes landed on a section of books, parallel to the desk you were standing at. He began to pull you, but you wouldn't budge fixated on the books that you couldn't believe where sitting in his study. It can't be.

He was clearly shocked that you were no longer reacting to his anger. You grabbed his bicep with your free hand and wedged your other arm out of his grip, eyes never leaving the books.

You made your way over to them, the Supreme Leader — curious as to what you were doing — didn't stop you.

You ran your fingers along the spines of the black, leather books. They were old, so old. You couldn't believe they were here.

You felt Ren behind you, and suddenly his arm stretched out over your shoulder and grabbed one of the books. He was so close to you.

"How did you-," you turned to face him, your chest almost touching as he flipped through the book. "How did you get these," you laced a finger over the page he was looking at.

"You know what these are?" His helmet was off and he was looking at you intently.

You ran your fingers over the pages once more, "Yes... the sacred text."

"Your planets sacred text?" He wanted got closer to you somehow.

"No... not my planet's." You paused in disbelief. "Mine."