"Why are you sorry, it was my mistake." He answered. Okay, this guy isn't as bad as I thought. "Yeah well, I still don't think it's really your fault." The girl snarked and looked at Kaycee with a side-eye. Yeah, this girl I definitely don't like.

"Excuse me Miss Mcquay, but do you have something to share with the class?" Mr. Miller announced. "Actually I do. Sean shouldn't have to take the blame for something that isn't his fault." She hissed looking over at Kaycee. "Oh my god, Tati calm down." Sean rolled his eyes. "No, I won't calm down babe." Babe?

"This bitch over here was walking with you and made you late for class. Now you're getting in trouble for it and it's not even your fault." "Wait a minute. I didn't want to be rude here but I didn't make him late for this class if anything like he said: he made me late." Kaycee stood up with them.

"Shut up bitch." Tati snapped. Everyone in the room with them gasped after she let out that sentence. "Language Miss Mcquay!" Mr.miller yelled. Tati looked at him harshly but didn't even apologize. "For christ's sake, Tati would you just shut up for once already. Goddammit. " Sean yelled. It was like the students were watching a tennis match. Their head snapped from left to right watching Sean and Tati go back and forth, and Mr.Miller threw in some words too. Kaycee just kept quiet as she watched them argued.

Well, there goes my plan of keeping a low profile. It's only the first day and I'm sure everyone will be talking about me and this whole situation by lunch. Great, just great. The whole thing finally ended by the bell ringing, dismissing them for their next class. Kaycee was the first one to immediately zoom out of there like she was being chased by a beehive.

She wanted nothing more than to just get away from everyone who was in that class and pretend like nothing ever happened, but she knew her life was not that easy. Sean followed her out the door after finally escaping from Tati's grip. He lunged into the hallway to find her, but she was already too far down the hallway. And with other students exiting their classes at the same time, he knew he wouldn't be able to reach her.

The next day, as Kaycee walked to class, she kept her head low. She felt nauseous. She memorized the way to her class so she wouldn't have to ask anyone for help. Not making that mistake again. "Hey, Kaycee right?" She heard someone call out.

Just pretend you didn't hear them and keep walking. She gained in speed as she stumbled through the student crowded hallway. Wait hold on!" She heard the same person say as they came up behind her and grab her shoulder. As shit, we got caught. She turned around, and to her surprise, she was met by Sean. "Oh hey Sean, didn't see you there." She tried to play off with a fake smile.

"Yeah right, I know you're avoiding me. It's okay though." Kaycee forced out a quiet laugh to try and make this any less awkward. "Anyway, I just wanted to say sorry that you had to go through all of that, especially on your first day. Tati had no right coming for you like that, and honestly, I should have broken up with her sooner. " He continued.

"Woah Woah Woah, you guys broke up?" Kaycee asked. "Yeah, you didn't hear? Basically, everyone is talking about it." He replied. "I try not to listen to what they're saying, because half of the gossip is about me right now. Plus I don't have any friends to fill me in on this kind of stuff." She explained.

Sean smiled, "I can be your first." That statement surprised Kaycee more than she'd like to admit. "Thank you, so much for real, but I can't. I already started off at this school with a pretty bad look, and I'm just trying to survive by blending in. You seem pretty well known around here and me being your friend could attract a lot of attention to me." She sighed. "Nah don't worry about it I totally get it." He grinned. "Does this mean I can't walk you to class?" He joked. "Yeah, I'm going to have to go for a no on that one."Kaycee laughed, and they said their goodbyes.