Since forever 🌿 Peter

Start from the beginning

'You don't ever listen to me about anything! We can't even be called partners because you're always calling the shots! You're a dictator Peter! You think you can do everything better than me...but we both have the same powers, same training....' your eyes gloss over and Peter realises he's gone too far already.

'Y/n... I...'

'Oh so because I'm upset you finally listen to me? FUCK YOU PETER!' You slap his hands away when he tries to hug you.

'We're not partners anymore, not friends... don't come beat me again... and you dare to call Liz and her friends fake... you know actually I wish I would've never gone over to you that day!, because I would be living a normal life!, I would've been normal!' You yell and Peter flinches.

Now you've gone too far, blaming him for becoming a superhero, well it's actually kind of his fault, but you never held that against him before and it shows him just how upset you really are as you walk away wiping your tears.

'I told you it wouldn't be a good idea putting them together...' Steve comments looking at Tony.

•••

You remember the day you met very well, he was standing in front of a gravestone at the cemetery, he had just buried his uncle, and you just buried your mother, the only parent you had.

You saw he had a hard time. He tried to swallow down the lump in his throat, to stop the tears because he was a big boy.

You two weren't older than 6 maybe. And you stay there for what must've been at least 3 hours, just talking away. You were holding his hand. Your legs both swinging back and forth.

'It's okay to be sad...' you told him.

'I have to be big and strong for my aunt...'

'Not when you're with me... you can cry... my auntie says it's good to cry when you're sad, you'll feel a little better if you let it all out...'

You understood him like nobody else, you both now live with your aunt. You have been best friends ever since that day. You shared everything, including the spider that gave you superpowers.  You've shared almost every experience of being a hero, the ups and the downs.

This would just be another one of those downs right?

•••

You sniff as you look at the decorated stone in front of you. You kneel down and lay the flowers on top of the cold stone.

You always seek comfort with your mother in times like these. Where the world seems to crash down on you full force.

Peter tried to make it up to you but you shut him and everyone else out. You haven't seen a single avenger in the last few days. And you're not expecting to see any either.

You straighten back up, tears flow down your cheeks freely now, you know someone is standing next to you, but given the fact that your spidey- sense doesn't register it, makes it seem like someone you know.

You don't look at the person, you have an idea of who it is. It's not until you feel a hand softly intertwining with yours that you turn your head sideways.

'Hey...'

'Hey...' You croak back, trying to control your breathing.

Before you know it he has his arms wrapped around you, your head buried in his chest as you sob. 'I'm sorry...'

'It's okay Y/n.. let it out... it's good to cry when you're sad...' he quoted your aunt and you lift your head.

'I'm sorry... I shouldn't have gone off to you like that...I'm so sorry...you're my best friend... I shouldn't have said those things because I didn't mean any of it...'

'Me too... Y/n I didn't mean it... let's forget it... I'm here for you now and i will be here for you.. forever..' he kisses your forehead.

'And for the record... you're my favourite superhero.. and I'm not the only one...' Peter tightens his arms around you.

'That means a lot to me... to hear you say that.. and for the record... you're mine...'

'We should also stop meeting at the cemetery...' Peter comments.

'We really should...it's starting the get creepy...' you chuckle.