"she is so cute." iwaizumi's mother says while lennon quickly comes over and sits in front of me, closely examining the puppy. i put the husky in my lap, letting her examine lennon as well.

we take turns opening presents, mattsun and makki taking the longest, saying they 'love the suspense' of opening them. the adults go to the kitchen once realizing how long the two are taking.

"here!" mattsun puts two wrapped boxes in my lap after i put my puppy on the floor to run around with lennon.

"two? i d-"

"don't. don't be stubborn about it." mattsun points a finger at me.

"mattsun!" i put a hand over my mouth in shock at the sight of the shinobu kocho figurine box. mattsun chuckles and tells me to open the other one.

"mattsun, you didn't have to

"mattsun, you didn't have to." i look at mattsun
after opening the second gift to a yumeko jabami figurine box.

" i look at mattsunafter opening the second gift to a yumeko jabami figurine box

"yes, i did have to!"

"thank you, dude." i put the boxes side by side and read the side information as the others open their presents.

the next one i open is from iwaizumi, since oikawa said his must be last.

"i didn't know what to get you, so i just.. corresponded it with your birthday gift." iwaizumi says while i open the gift to another set of attack on titan manga, a scout regiment blanket cloak under it.

"woah, where'd you find this..?" i say while pulling the cloak out of the wrapping paper and putting it on.

"amazon, it has a lot of attack on titan stuff and i just- thought you'd like that."

i thank iwaizumi before the others open their gifts once again.

"okay, here!" oikawa pulls out two small boxes from his pockets. he made me wait until every other gift was open to give me the one from him.

i look at him in confusion and take them both, placing one in my lap to open the other. i open the box to an exact replica of howl pendragon's ring.

"oikawa, what. the. actual-"

"do you not like it?"

"you literally never let me finish. these are beautiful.. how did you figure i like howl?"

"maybe i kinda.. assumed you like howl and got it out of an impulsive tendency? and that's why i was relieved yesterday when you said you liked the movie.." oikawa nervously rubs the back of his neck. i open the other box while oikawa wraps his arms around me.

"this is so cool.." i hold up the matching necklace.

"here, let me put it on." oikawa holds his hand near mine. i place the necklace in his palm and turn away from him, moving my hair out of the way of my neck. oikawa clips the necklace around my neck and adjusts it so that the gem is placed over my chest.

"thank you, oikawa."

"do you like it? is it the righ-"

"yes." i cover his mouth with my hand. "it's perfect."

"good!" oikawa lets out his signature sigh of relief as i put my hair back.

"what're you guys gonna spend the card on?" oikawa questions.

"i dunno, probably wee-" makki starts.

"oh my god, shut up." mattsun puts a hand over makki's mouth.

"i was kidding, but i really don't know."

"me neither." iwaizumi says, mattsun nodding in agreement.

after talking about nonsense, we get ready to go downtown, to see the christmas lights like we planned.