08 : 𝖨 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝖸𝗈𝗎

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God, I can't imagine having a life like that. Urgh."

"Right? And her little cousins annoy me. Those dumb kids really thought that I wanted to play with them. They're lucky I had to act nice and polite or I would've talked them down like how I'd do to their beloved big cousin."

"Leave my family out of your filthy mouth." I demanded.

"Ooh, pissed now, aren't we?" He teased. "You seem disappointed, Y/N. What's the fuss?"

He stared up at me with malice glimmering in his eyes while mine welled with tears. His friend just raised a brow whilst twirling her hair around her fingers. I badly wanted to smash their heads together, push their faces into the water, drown them until they-

"Speak." He urged. "Cat got your tongue? Or have you gone clueless just like your father?"

"You."

I marched up to him and attempted to make a slap, but the girl stood up and hit my cheek before I could do so. Taehyun remained calm and motionless, eyes lazed on me, showing no concern which I thought he would.. At least for a split second..

"Keep your dirty hands off Taehyun." The girl spat. "How dare you try to hurt him, peasant."

Tears finally escaped my eyes. I held my stinging cheek, gaze darted to the floor. My lips quaver, dying to tell him how hurt I was, but I knew it would only feed his ego and drive him to act worse.

"I thought I changed you.." I trembled. "..even just a bit.."

"Me? Changing? For you?"

My voice started to raise. "I thought that if I endured all your insults and the way you bury me so low, you'd realize how terrible you were and act better!"

"Why would I bother? Look at yourself," he scoffed. "You're not even worth the shot, come on."

"I don't know which one's filthy. My poor provincial life or the fact that I had to kiss your ungrateful ass just to get by."

"No one literally asked you to serve me, Y/N. You're the one who's desperate." He cooed. "If it weren't for my father, you would've already dropped out of college and slept in the streets a long time ago."

"I think it would've been better than to share a fancy roof with someone even Satan would be scared to be with."

I quickly turned and headed to the door. Taehyun kept calling my name until he was out of earshot. Even though I had a few subjects remaining, I decided to skip school and went back to the mansion. Mark was surprised to see me come home early. He even asked where Taehyun was but I didn't respond. I straight up went to my room and locked myself in. Collapsing to my bed, I broke down.

"Fuck you.." I cussed angrily, hands gripping on the covers.

My chest felt heavy. All the emotions I've kept for so long just surged out and it felt terrible. It was like a dozen daggers were pierced through me, a rusty wire entangled around my throat, and a giant's foot crushed my entire being. Taehyun has spoke so low about me that I felt hitting the rock bottom. Even though I worked my hardest to climb up and pretend that everything's fine.

"Why are you like that..? Why would you do this to me..?"

Just because I was willing to tolerate his attitude in exchange for money, doesn't mean he can step on me like I'm a pebble. I really thought he's finally shifted into a better mold. I thought he finally decided to at least treat me a bit more human. I guess I can't change him at all.

Incoming call...

I hurriedly dried my tears and coughed before answering. It was mom.

"Yes?"

"Y/N! Y/N!"

"Mom.." I winced. "What's the fuss?"

"What do you mean what's the fuss?! Come home! Your dad won the lottery!"

I blinked. "What?"

"A billion dollars, Y/N! We're rich! We're rich!"

We're... Rich...?