Chapter 1066 - 1070

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Given how agile Wen Xinya was, it would definitely be a piece of cake for her to escape alone.

However, it was worrying because she had the weak and helpless Du Ruo by her side.

Zhou Tianyu stared at the fire which was still spreading in the building. Feeling flustered, she spluttered. “The fire is huge and it doesn’t seem to be dissipating at all. I wonder how Xinya and Ruoruo are doing. If anything were to happen to them, I…”

Zhou Tianyu began sobbing. During the chaos, she had been holding onto a woman’s hand. She blamed herself for being too careless to realize that the woman was not Wen Xinya.

Xu Tongxuan could not help but panic. “It’s all our fault for having too much faith in Xinya and trusting that she’ll be able to escape any ordeal. That’s why this happened. We’ve subconsciously neglected Xinya.”

They had known Wen Xinya for three years, during which Wen Xinya could always solve her problems effortlessly. As a result, her friends believed greatly in her abilities and felt that there was nothing she couldn’t handle in this world.

After discovering that a fire had broken out, Wen Xinya had been following closely behind them and ushering them out. The boys led the way and, in order to avoid being caught in the stampede, Zhou Tianyu and Xu Tongxuan ran as fast as they could because they did not wish to become Wen Xinya’s burden, especially since they knew that they were much less fit than Wen Xinya.

Who would have known…

Gu Junling immediately tried to comfort them. “Don’t hold it against yourselves. There were so many people trying to escape and it was so chaotic just now. We couldn’t see anything because of the thick fumes. That’s why we didn’t realize that Xinya was missing. Her boyfriend has gone upstairs to rescue her now. He seems rather capable. He will definitely save Wen Xinya.”

Despite having said that, Gu Junling was actually still rather worried. During the chaotic situation, he and Ling Qingxuan were preoccupied with leading the way and hence, ended up neglecting Wen Xinya. They actually blamed themselves for it.

Ling Qingxuan chimed in. “Little Eunuch Gu, you’re right. Don’t be too worried. Xinya is not a helpless and weak girl. Besides, she’s not the kind to sit back and do nothing. So much has happened since she returned to the Wen Family, but she managed to overcome all of it, what more a fire.”

Ling Qingxuan looked rather awful too. Now that his friend was in danger and yet to be found, he could no longer remain as composed as before. He was filled with worry and anxiety and even felt scared for Wen Xinya.

However, there was no use blaming themselves at this point. Zhou Tianyu said in disappointment, “I hope Xinya’s boyfriend can rescue Xinya and Ruoruo.”

The feeling of not being able to do anything to help their friend who was in danger made them feel extremely terrible.

Xu Tongxuan said with reddened eyes, “Xinya is blessed. She’ll be alright.”

She then burst into tears.

Gu Junling suddenly discovered that Han Mofeng was nowhere in sight. He asked in horror, “Where’s Loony? Why isn’t he here?”

Ling Qingxuan murmured, “I thought I saw him just now…”

The few of them looked at each other in shock and dismay. Everyone knew that Han Mofeng was in love with Du Ruo. Since Wen Xinya’s boyfriend could risk his life to rescue Wen Xinya, he would obviously do the same for Du Ruo.

They were all worried and their hearts were heavy.

Chapter 1067: Making Me Seem Heartless