Chapter 99: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

She tried to run but the guard just pulled her hair and pushed her down to be tied up. She kept on struggling, she would kick, punch, and even pull the guard's hair until the guard slapped her.

"What the...." Yuichiro muttered out frowning.

Hearing the sound of the slap, Ayato snapped his head back to look.

'If only I let myself get hit by that time, he wouldn't be jealous towards me. He wouldn't have done this. Mother.... mother's in danger!'
Kazumi thought as she pushed the guard with all her strength before running away.

As she run away, she passed by Ayato who noticed her and grabbed her hair.

"STOP!" Ayato yelled at her.

But Kazumi ignored him and forced herself out from Ayato's grip that made some strands of her hair be plucked out of her scalp. She ran as fast as she can as her messy long hair covered the right side of her face. She ignored the pain on her head, cheek, and wrists from escaping Ayato and his guard. She run, and run, and run. It took her a few minutes until she managed to start going up the mountain.

'There's no one to help mother now but me! Takahara-san is already dead and I promised him I'll take care of my mother! Please.... please.'
Kazumi pleaded in her mind which they heard.

A few more minutes and she arrived to where her house is. The scene made her heart stop. She saw her mother badly beaten up, her face almost unrecognizable as she lie on the thick snow. She saw two men. One a bit away from her mother wearing a blue kimono and black hakama pants with a sword on the left side of his waist, he has a long green hair tied in a ponytail reaching his back. The other one is the one beating Miyuki. He has a long black hair tied in a high ponytail, he's wearing a light green haori and black hakama pants with a sword at hand.

"STOP! DON'T HURT MY MOTHER!" Kazumi shouted at the top of her lungs as she saw the man about to kick her.

She tried to run towards her but she got held down by the green haired guy. He used one hand to hold her arms behind her back.

"Hibiki-san!" Kazumi said looking at him.

"Sorry but I can't let you ruin the show." Hibiki replied looking at Kazumi.

"Seems like your precious daughter's here." The man with a black hair said as he look at Kazumi with his green eyes.

"Mi.... chan." Miyuki muttered out as she look at her daughter.
"Ka.... Kazumi.... I'm.... sorry."

Tears brimmed down Kazumi's eyes as she watch the man kick and pull her mother by the hair before slapping her and letting her fall on the snow.

"PLEASE! PLEASE STOP! DON'T HURT HER! MOTHER! PLEASE! I BEG YOU DON'T! STOP HURTING HER! STOP!" Kazumi shouted as she kept on begging.

They all watched at how the man known as Tetsuya beat Miyuki on the cold snow. Her nose, mouth, and even her ears are now bleeding. She can't even open her left eye anymore.

"How.... could he." Kanao muttered out shivering.

Some of them are shivering while the others stood still eyes wide at the scene before them. Kazumi kept on shouting, begging, and struggling. Trying to go to her mother but Hibiki's hand won't even budge.

"You pests! It's your fault! Everything is yours and your daughter's fault! Dammit! Dammit!" Tetsuya exclaimed as he kick her twice in the stomach again.

He then turned around in an attempt to silence Kazumi from shouting but Miyuki grabbed his right foot quickly. He looked down.

"Please.... if you're going.... to kill me.... please spare her.... spare my daughter.... she's innocent.... I beg you." Miyuki pleaded in between her slow fainting breath.

"With pleasure then. I'll show your daughter what happens to whores like you." Hibiki replied in a cold voice.

'I'm sorry.... I'm sorry Mi-chan.... mother's really sorry.... I can't live long and protect you. I can't live long to be by your side. I can't live long to take care of you. I'm sorry if I have to leave you behind too early. But I'm thankful.... I'm thankful to have such a wonderful, kind, and loving daughter as you.'
Miyuki thought as tears roll down her cheeks, Hibiki pulled her up by the hair.
'You are.... the best gift I ever had in my life.'

They all thought it would only be Kazumi's thought they'll hear but they managed to hear it all. Miyuki's words for Kazumi in her mind and heart.

'I love you with all my heart! I love you! I love you! I love you my dear daughter! I will always be with you! Mi-chan.... happy fifth birthday.'
Miyuki's last thoughts that they heard as the blade swiftly cut her neck.

A sudden, deafening silence fell as Miyuki's head fell on the ground along her body falling to her right side. That's when it all went down. Everything went down.

'Mother...'

Tetsuya then sheathed his sword and walked towards Hibiki and Kazumi.

"I can have this girl just as what we've talked about, right?" Hibiki said with a smirk.

"You can do anything to her. She's not my daughter after all." Tetsuya answered.

Kazumi stared blankly at her mother. A day that was supposed to be the best became the worst.