Wilson family 🌿 Bucky/Sam

Start from the beginning

'Where are we going Sam?' She asks ignoring Bucky's stare.

'Family restaurant... we will be save there for a moment... ya know, catch our breaths...I know you're tired...' he mutters the last part and a tired smile forms on your face.

Her eyes widen when you see the sign that says "Wilson's Family Restaurant". She looks around and sees the all too familiar docks.

She wants to smack herself in the head at that point, how could she not have noticed that Sam could possibly be Samuel's grandson?

'You okay Y/n?' Bucky whispers but before she can mutter a reply, Sam's mother greets them.

Her eyes go to her son and she wraps her arms around him before moving to Bucky and hugging him too. She stops however when her eyes land on Y/n.

It's weird that Y/n recognises her, she knew her since Darlene was a little child. She could've been her mother if it wasn't for the serum making Y/n stop ageing.

'Y/n...' she gives her possibly the biggest smile y/n has ever seen on her. 'Long time no see...' she wraps her arms around Y/b a little longer than she did with the boys.

'I missed you..' she whispers and Y/n chuckles back softly. 'I missed you too..' she whispers back before she lets go.

Sam shoots her a confused look which she in return waves off with an 'i'll tell you later...' as Y/n follow his mother, Darlene.

A while later she can hear the happy voices come from the living room while she's stuck daydreaming and reminiscing in the hallway, staring away at the pictures.

She could easily have been in every one of them but chose not to. She didn't want to raise suspicion, but of course they kept a stack of pictures with Y/n in them, the stack hidden well in a box underneath her bed.

God how she misses being around this family, She was like an aunt to Paul, and an aunt to Darlene as well when she came in the family. But after they got married, duty called, it still baffles her still that it hadn't occurred to her, Sam might be Darlene and Paul's son.

'Heard you were back...couldn't believe it at first... I must say I like the new look on you..'

Y/n turns your head, a small and old lady stares at the picture of Samuel and his wife.

'Your grandson figured this would be a good place to lay low...' a smirk plays on her lips as Iris turns to look at her. 'The universe finds yet another way to bring me here...'

'After 45 years... it better... we've all missed you... especially Samuel... but he understood...'

'I'm sorry for your loss Iris-'

'None of that.. I should be telling you that.. I may have been his wife but you were his best friend... right until he passed he was telling stories about the good old days.. I should be thanking you.. if it hadn't been for you... there wouldn't have been a Samuel in the first place...' she softly smiles as she walks back to one of the benches. 'Come sit...' she pats the spot next to her.

Y/n chuckles fondly at the lady before sitting down, leaning against the backrest. 'You must be tired.. all the fighting...'

'It's... not as exhausting as I thought it would be...'

'Not even with my grandson?' She jokes. 'Now that you mention him...' Y/n replies cheekily. 'It didn't even dawn me that he could be your grandson..'

'Hmm, never were the sharpest tool in the shed were you..'

'Excuse me... is this coming from the same woman who didn't know her boyfriend was going to propose to her even though he dropped the ring three times in that evening?'

'I didn't see him dropping it...' she replies almost offended.

'You even picked it up once!' Y/n laughs. 'God he was so nervous... it was amusing..' She sighs.

Iris glances at Y/b, she can see the sadness behind it even. Y/n never got the chance to even begin a normal life... the serum she got made it impossible, her body wouldn't age, the chance of even conceiving was slim. So Iris takes Y/n's hand in hers and gives a soft squeeze.

'I wish you could've had that..still do...'

'Well.. matter of fact... I think I will...' Y/n's eyes move to the ring on her finger and Iris eyes get big. 'I'm so happy for you...I am sure Samuel would've been over the moon...so who is the lucky guy?'

'The metal armed man over there... he uh, is the same as me... so there would be more chance and.. well you get it...'

'You let me know if he causes any more trouble..' she wags her finger and Y/n lets out a laugh. 'I will...'

She keeps rambling on and on with Y/n about adventures in the past. Meanwhile Sam's interest peaks when he hears his friend and grandmother laugh together in the hallway. He knew something was going on, he couldn't place his finger on it, but judging by the way Y/n and his family interact, they must know each other.

'Mom?' Paula voice makes you both look up. 'It's time for your medicine... let's go...' he helps her up, she's still very flexible for a 97 year old.

'Ugh those damn medicine, I don't need those pills to keep me alive I can do it myself...'

Her stubbornness puts a bright smile on Y/n's lips. She always was one to stick up for herself in a stubborn way.

'So... you and my grandma huh? Should I tell Bucky he needs to find another girl?' Sam jokes as he takes his grandmothers seat.

'Very funny Sam...' she rolls your eyes. 'We had a lot of catching up to do..'

'You gonna explain to me what everything is about?'

'After both Bucky and Steve were off to the war... I was left alone... I ended up on the streets, and your grandpa.. he took me here... I lived here all the way up to the point where your parents got married, after that duty called and I was drawn away... I haven't been here in 45 years...'

'I never knew... so.. dermatologist must hate you...'

'Sam...' Y/n warns. 'But for the record, yes they do...' you joke back.

'I have to admit, it's kind of weird that you were besties with my grandpa...'

'I could've been your grandma... if it wasn't for the serum...'

Sams face scrunches up and she barks out a laugh. 'Just saying...'

'That's something I would've liked to not know...' he comments. 'But it's what I'm used to, being the oversharer you are...'

She smiles at Sam as he wraps an arm around her. Bucky glances over and she rolls her eyes when his jaw sets. 'You're just like your grandfather you know that?'

'Does this mean we're besties too?'

'Whatever you say Wilson...whatever you say...'