01 : $500-𝖩𝖺𝖼𝗄𝗉𝗈𝗍

Start from the beginning

"NOW HIRING : PERSONAL ASSISTANT"

[Qualifications]

- Female
- 18 years old and above
- With strong will, patience, and hardship

- $500 weekly pay, free room and food accommodation

My fingers trembled as I tearfully scanned the flyer once more. $500 a week and a free home is way too good to be true for just a duty of a personal assistant. One could be an instant millionaire with this. This is it! This is going to be my salvation!

"SIGN ME THE FUCK IN!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ding dong.

I found myself standing in front of a boujee mansion, inside a classy subdivision. The houses around were big with trees and bushes trimmed into weird shapes. High breed dogs often bark at me as I passed. The lights were in golden gleam, putting the silver beams of moonlight in shame.

The rain was over yet I looked like a drenched chick shivering under my clothes. I tried to look presentable regardless, even though I looked hopeless and pitiful. A small box rang beside the doorbell, making me flinch in surprise.

"Kang Residence butler speaking."

I cleared my throat. "Right.. Uh.. I'm Y/N L/N and I'm here for the job..? The personal assistant thing..? If you're still hiring..?"

Like magic, the massive, golden gates opened. But to my horror, a big German Shepherd growled and ran up to me, ready to pounce.

"MARY MOTHER OF CHRIST!" I shrieked and climbed up the nearest tree.

It kept barking and even gobbled on my luggage as I clung onto the branch for dear life. How long am I going to get screwed? I just wanted the job!

"Good boy.." I nervously laughed. "Good doggie.. Get off my stuffs now before I butcher you, ha ha ha.."

"Now, Bruno. That's not a good way to entertain a guest." A man's voice resonated from the gates.

The dog paused and tucked its tail between its legs as it ran back in. The man, dressed in a neat suit, looked up at me and chuckled before lending a hand.

"I apologize for that dog's behavior, miss. You may come down now."

"Thanks.."

I immediately jumped down and took my luggage into safety before staring up at him. He's freaking tall.

"My name is Mark Lee, head butler of this household. Come with me; I'll show you to Mr. Kang."

He led me inside and the gates automatically closed behind me. He clapped twice and a maid rushed to me with a towel to drape around my shoulder and another handed me a cup of hot tea before taking my luggage somewhere else. My eyes widened; I thought these kind of service only existed in movies. Mark just smiled and trodded the grand staircase. The mansion was just as glamorous inside as it was outside. High, marble pillars, golden etches and details, big paintings on the wall, expensive-looking ornaments, carpeted floor, high windows, name it. It even has a fountain outside!

"This way please." He gestured at the end of the hall, upstairs.

I stayed right behind him the entire time, hands clasped together as my anxiety kicked in. He was about to knock on a door when it swung open and out flew a chair. It hit the wall hard, breaking it in the process. I froze.

'Crap..' I thought.

"I'm sick of your attitude, Terry!" An old man's voice boomed.

"Fuck off."

"Cuss at me once more and I'll have your credit cut off, young man."

"See if I care."

"Do not test me, Terry!"

A younger guy emerged out of the room and paused as he saw Mark and I. He locked gaze with mine for a while before scoffing and walked past me, hitting my shoulder on purpose. I just rubbed the pain off in silence. The older man followed and as soon as he saw Mark, he sighed.

"What am I going to do with him?" He took off his glasses.

Mark's face softened. "I'm afraid young master's situation has gotten worse, Mr. Kang."

"Indeed.." Mr. Kang looked at me. "Ah, an applicant?"

"Oh, yes." Mark stepped aside to expose me. "Y/N L/N, sir."

The boss scanned my appearance from head to toe before nodding tiredly. He just invited himself back in the room as he stretched.

"Just hire her already."

"Wow.." I commented.

Mark chuckled and led the way downstairs to where I believe I will be staying. I trodded behind, looking up at him with utter confusion.

"Don't I have to take any test..? Something to get me qualified..?"

"As long as you're 18 and you're willing to take the job, Mr. Kang would be fine." He sighed. "He's completely given up."

"Why? Is being his personal assistant that hard?"

"Oh, no." He grinned, opening a door to a small room. "You're not going to be his personal assistant. You belong to the young master."

"Terry?"

"This is your room. Hand me your school address tonight so I can settle things."

I let my eyes roam around my new habitat. A small yet decent bedroom with a big, heavily curtained window in the middle. A soft bed, a big closet, a study table, and a mini-chandelier hanging from the ceiling. It was fully air conditioned too!

"Feel free to grab food and drinks in the kitchen anytime. Household uniforms are in the closet. If you have further concerns, don't hesitate to ask me."

"When do I start my duty?" I asked as I plopped on the bed.

"You'll be introduced to the young master tomorrow. Do expect loads of work by then."

"Thanks, Mark!"

He nodded. "One more thing. You're not allowed to address him as 'Terry'. Only his father has the consent."

"Why?"

"It is unnecessary for you to know."

Mark left abruptly, closing the door. I remained still on the bed, eyes glued to the ceiling. I could hear some thuds and crash upstairs. It's either Mr. Kang or the 'young master' is upset. Nonetheless, I must endure. It's a $500-weekly jackpot I can't let go. Whatever hell hole this heavenly illusion might end up, I don't care.

As long as I get paid, I think I can tolerate that Terry's attitude.