four

Glamour's POV

When I opened the door, I wasn't exciting what I saw, Mr husband stood in the sitting room completely shirtless and appears to be looking at something...

"Sh*t" I blurted out and tried to put my hand over my shotgun that I had hidden in my pajamas pant.

Hopefully, he didn't notice it as I tried to move past him while eyeing him wearily and tried to decipher his facial expressions to know if he's seen anything or not but his lips were in a straight line while his eyes held no expression whatsoever.

How could he be standing shirtless in the parlor, isn't the room enough for him, or was he trying to provoke me I thought as I felt flushed at the view in front of me...

I wanted to say something but simply settled with ignoring him and proceeded to lie down on one of the big sofas.

I waited for him to leave while clutching tightly to my shotgun in case he tries to do anything stupid.

I could still feel his presence even though I had my back to him, and knowing that he was standing right made me feel uneasy...

Why isn't he leaving, I asked myself quietly, and then he spoke.

"What are you doing? He asked, but I didn't make any move or say anything.

"You should go sleep upstairs", he said after he must have deduced that I wasn't going to answer him.

I snorted at what he had just said. He must have gone crazy if he thinks I'm going to sleep in the same room as him.

Sleeping in the same bed was not part of the contract so he better not be expecting me to do anything that's out of the context of that damned contract.

And I'd rather sleep on the street and freeze to death than let that ever happen.

I however ignored his proposal, and pretended to be asleep...

He left after a while though without saying anything more.

When I heard his footsteps disappeared upstairs, I then released my hand from my gun while releasing the breath I didn't know I was holding.

As I laid on that sofa, I couldn't help but think of the most terrifying two weeks of my life.

***

It was 2 pm on Monday, the third day after we had gone to the club with Maya.

We had just finished eating our lunch at Starbucks. Maya had ordered a chicken salad, while I ordered a medium sized veggie burger with a large sized strawberry milkshake. Maya couldn't stop talking about her date with the guy she played the game with, even as we ate our meals. 

We came out of Starbucks, and Maya continued to rattle on about her date with the guy she had met that night whose name she said was Dale, as we walked to the car park.

She kept on rambling about how great their date was and how she thinks she's finally found the one, but I knew Maya and I really hope that she was going to stick to this one this time, but then someone cut our conversation with a loud Hello.

We had almost missed him, because of his height even though he was standing just a few meters away from where our car was parked with a straight face.

We both turned to the side at the sound of the voice as it seems to be directed to us, and who we found was no other than little man.

I didn't even know his name and I didn't bother to ask, because I had hoped to never see him again. But some how, I knew meeting him was inevitable as I don't even know what I had signed that night.