Chapter 1

Italics is Pippa 

Bold is Steven 

Jonathan's POV:

In my world, it was very common to see people walking with writing decorating their skin. No one thought anything of it. After all, that just showed that you were talking to your soulmate, and everyone approved of that. Let me tell you a bit more about soulmates.

There are two ways by which you meet your soulmate. The first way is when you can see colour. We all are born seeing the world as various shades of grey. When you meet your soulmate, everything becomes an explosion of colour. The next way is actually a long process. When you're ten years old, you can start writing on your arm and expect it to show on your soulmate's arm, only and only if they're ten or older. However, on your tenth birthday, it does give you the status of your soulmate. As in, are the alive, dead, not born yet, just born, and things like that. If your soulmate isn't born by your tenth birthday, when they are born, you immediately feel something. And that's all I know currently.

Ever since I was ten years old, I had been writing to my soulmate. At my tenth birthday party, after everyone left, the first thing I did was write to my soulmate. They responded very soon. That gave me some hope, we were about the same age, and I guess I would call myself lucky in that sense. Some people have twenty year age gaps between them and their soulmates, I was so lucky not to go through that. My soulmate, Alex, was so sweet and just 2 years older than me. He was a director and I was an actor so it worked out so well when we finally met. We met at an audition. I was auditioning for a show, and he was directing it, but he refused to vote on whether I should be cast or not as he didn't want to show favouritism. Anyways, when both of us saw colour it was amazing and the first person I told was of course, my best friend.  

Phillipa Soo, she was so sweet and caring. She supported me when I came out as gay, immediately. Even my parents didn't do that. She's like my little sister.

My best friend, Phillipa Soo still hadn't found her soulmate. She was beyond devastated. She refused to date, as she felt that she was betraying her soulmate.

I think it was time she dated someone. If it wasn't her soulmate, she wouldn't feel any sort of attachment. At least that's what I was always told.

I think it's time she goes on a date, and I think I have the perfect match for her. I smiled and picked up my phone.

Me: Hey Pips, you up yet?

~ 10 minutes later~

Pipsy: Hey groffsauce!

Me: *tries to find rolling eyes emoji* hahah pippa

Pipsy: soooo, why'd you message me? At 6:15 am ? groooooffff, you know i don't do before 9!!

Me: hahah yes, buuuuuutttt...

Pipsy: what buuuutttt..... I don't think i'm gonna particularly like this am i.....

Me: I wanna set you up on a blind date

Pipsy: JONATHAN GROFF, YOU BETTER NOT

Pipsy: ABSOLUTELY NOT

Pipsy: YOU BETTER NOT

Pipsy: I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER NOT

Pipsy: PLEASEEEEEEEE MY SOULMATE WILL THINK I'M BETRAYING THEM

Me: tooooo late 

Pipsy: what if they're not my soulmate and then I'm betraying them. I don't think i can do this

Me: Pippa i'm calling you

Pippa has so many fears and I really need to calm her down before actually asking Steven. "Pippa. Pippa, honey, it's gonna be ok." I say, in an attempt to console her. Judging by the sobs, I don't think I'm doing too well.