BONDING

When Harry woke up he was happy with the dream he had of his rebel godmother whisking him away he was content but when he noticed his unfamiliar surroundings the boy halted

When Harry woke up he was happy with the dream he had of his rebel godmother whisking him away he was content but when he noticed his unfamiliar surroundings the boy halted. He was a soft bed with a strong red bedding that felt light and warm. The room was covered in old quidditch posters and a chest of old drawers.

When he warily stepped out the room he heard the faint humming of music.

When he made his way across the landing he noticed he had been put into a pale blue shirt and black joggers that he had never seen before.

Harry made his way to the kitchen to be met with a swaying woman in blue sweater and black jeans. The table was lined with toast, bacon, cereal, hash browns and more. It looked like a meal at Hogwarts.

As the woman turned around to be met with a confused Harry she grinned.

"Alright there? I just made some breakfast." She said as she gestured to the seat. Harry sat down as she greedily drank her coffee.

When she saw his stare she answered, "Coffee is a staple in this household by dear boy. You will soon be taught my ways."

The boy laughed at her words but stopped at her serious voice. Before anybody could say another word a pitch black owl with violet eyes swooped in through the window startling the boy.

Gem quickly opened the letter and gasped.

Dear Miss Malfoy,

I am aware that you are currently upset with my methods and worried about Harry's safety. With Sirius Black on the loose I would like to offer you a job as an Astronomy Professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry.

I await your response and apologize again for my not telling you of the truth.

A.P.W.D

Sirius. He escaped. Their final words repeated in her head. No. She refused. Refused to think about the man who broke her heart.

She turned to Harry's confused face and grinned.

"What happens, do I have to go back or something?" He nervously asked shifting in his seat.

"Course not, just a new job offer. I might just take it too." She smiled wanting to keep it a surprise.

"What is your job?" He asked curiously, realizing he didn't know much about the strange witch.

"Me? I'm was an auror." At his confused face she added, "A dark wizard catcher, your mum and dad were too."

He smiled at the thought of his parents ridding the world of evil, "You said was."

The woman sighed as she replied, "A couple years ago I moved to America, started to campaign muggle-born rights. I've been doing it in England since I was in Hogwarts, handing out badges doing protests, Minnie always let me."

"Anyways, what's Hogwarts like now?"she subtly asked, driving the conversation away from her school days.

"Oh it's brilliant! Hermione is like a genius so she always keeps Ron and I out of trouble but it took a little longer for us to be friends. Ron's really silly half the time but really nice and Mrs Weasley is always taking care of us." He rambled.

"Molly Weasley?" He nodded his head as she smiled, "Oh I knew Molly! I used to mess about with her brothers, she'd always get us out of trouble."

The rest of the day was spent like that. Nice conversations, coffee and cold pizza. Not that Harry minded until Gem asked about Draco.

"Well, he's in Slytherin and we aren't exactly friends. He hasn't been great to be Hermione because... she is umm a muggle-born." He uttered.

The woman didn't seem surprised, "Lucius probably raised him to be the perfect Pureblood Prince. Poor boy." She sighed.

Harry had never thought about what it would be like to have parents to force their own ideas into their children's heads. Maybe Draco wasn't like this on purpose.