The wedding Pt.1

****Authors Note: This is my first book !! The first chapter of my book !! And the first sentence of my first book !! This is gonna revolve around a gay couple, it will have action, adventure, and obviously-romance. This is most definitely gonna be more adultish-no sex in this one though. I do not own any of the characters mentioned (Except for the made up ones). I think if you consider yourself to be open-minded and into romance-you'll like what I have for you.****

Prologue:

What is it-To love? Is it a feeling- Is it a goal? Its so....strange. I think I'm strange; I suppose me and love are two different things however-Two incompatible things at that.

I have never felt anything. I have felt pain before-I have felt faint before-I can even feel sadness. Nothing more though. "Nothings wrong with you...I assure you", its what the healers in the healing huts always said. They always said those words with such a passionate smile-a fake one; it was to please my father-the ex-chief. I have only felt love for one person, my twin sister. She is the only one I'd take a hit from a powerful earthbender for, but the love I feel for her is a nurturing feeling-a protective feeling. She doesn't count. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm not going." I said in an effortless tone. Eska agreed, "I will not be attending this idiotic-ness either". "But chiefs, you MUST! It'd help your image out-consequently helping to restore the Northern Watertribe's image!", Hinjin-my assistant wailed. 

"Whats wrong with its image now?", Eska retorted. "Yeah, I like the idea of being seen as dark", I added. "That isnt a benefit for the tribe, its only gonna get us in the same place the firenation was less than 200 years ago-feared and untrustworthy. We need the worlds trust for trade and economy; you simply MUST go." Hinjin preached. "Ugh. Brother, his argument isn't incorrect, we should go." Eska said, uncaringly. "Very well", I continued, "We shall go.". 

Having won the argument Hinjin had the best tailors in the northern watertribe make our robes. "I hate these rags, they irritate my damn skin.", I complained. "Sir I-", "No talkback! You failed." Eska supported me. "Should I go request another-", "No, it'll take too long. We have to wear them now." Hinjin left the room in a fit. Unknown to him, I actually liked the robes. I think Eska did as well.

We packed the gorgeous robes in our cases, servants offered to do it for us-dozens of them, we just like to make them feel insignificant. Their faces never cease to amuse me. Hinjin said that the best way to demonstrate power amongst royalty is by means of transportation-he's part Firenation. Hinjin arranged for a new type of ship to carry us to republic city, its called a cruise; it was bigger than one of our battleships-it was impressive indefinitely. 

We had to get to republic city by sunrise because the wedding was in about two days, for this reason they put elite waterbenders on the cruise to help boost the speed safely (or so that the captain wouldn't have to be the one to squirm at my feet if anything happened). About an hour into the trip, I heard one of the elites (their preferred pronouns) boasting about how good they were at moving the cruise; if I could laugh, I would've been hysterical. Little did they know, Eska had gotten bored and started using advanced wrist placements and faster movements to speed up the boat by about 60%-these idiots didn't do anything. 

I noticed that wherever I went, the soldiers would quit whatever they were doing. They could've been talking about that one family member that passed a few months ago, they would still stop. I didn't know how much I liked it. If I enjoyed having the power to stop hardened soldiers-grown men taught to decapitate people in an instance-killers, dead in their tracks at a moments notice, or if I despised that they were scared of me. I made my way up to the ships command center, subconsciously I was going to see if even the captain was scared of me. Before I touched the door, I realized I had nearly walked into a hot conversation. I overheard the list of all the celebrities that were gonna be there: Suyin Beifong, Varrick Icknic Blackstone, President Raiko, Cousin Korra, even Asami Sato. And of course my sisters Ex, Bolin-the mover star-the airhead as I like to call him. I stayed and listened because Hinjin told me that my sister and I have to become good diplomats; and knowing the names of all the people that I can manipulate was important no matter how softly one could put it.

I crept back down to my sleeping quarters, Eska was fast asleep, waterbending this huge ass ship wore her out. 

As we entered the dreadful city I immediately realized why I despised it-THE HEAT. It was blazing: 69 DAMN DEGREES?!!? I'm from the Northern watertribe! Eska looked at me knowingly. Hinjin also found it unpleasant but he didn't release his stuck-up posture despite sweating icicles. Even the soldiers couldn't take it. We looked ridiculous. 

We walked 3 city blocks under these conditions, it was the most tedious thing I have ever done and will ever do. 'Hinjin is never gonna hear the end of this!' I though to myself. When we arrived at the hotel I saw some familiar faces (Korra, Korras dad, etc.. ), but I also saw this one person I didn't recognize, he had a twin too but something about him is...different. I leaned over to my sister, "Who's that?" I asked. "You mean the meathead-earthbender?" she responded. "Yeah...that one." I said timidly. Eska looked severely confused, "Which one and why?" She questioned. Not knowing what came over me, I just shrugged my shoulders and B-lined toward the bathroom. As I opened the door, I quickly glanced back and saw that the boy had shared my interest because he was staring RIGHT BACK AT ME. 'Please do NOT come in the bathroom',  I thought  as I closed the door and went into a stall. The door opened.

I blushed, it was all too much! I was drenched in sweat, I was thinking irregularly about a random boy, Eska looked at me wierdly! I took a step closer to the bathroom door, I looked thru the open spaces by the hinges. To my (pleasant) surprise I saw President Raiko, he was muttering under his breath about something; I could only hear every 5 words. It was enough to tell that he was mad about something. "Probably the state of the city." I said aloud. Oops!

Realizing that I had exposed myself and my hiding spot, I jumped out of the stall. I looked down to avoid his eyes-I considered locking eyes with him though. Not knowing what else to say I just blurted out what came to my mind, "So...ya like jazz?" I said not even knowing what a Jazz is. "A...what?" The confused president asked. "Jazz...its a type of music from where-", my lie was cut off. "What did you hear?" He interrogated. "I honestly don't care enough to remember." I said before briskly walking out the door with a dazed look on my face. I was glad I had avoided that problem, but now that I was in the open again I had to deal with my other one. There was the boy again, he looked at me like he wanted to say something.

Before allowing anything else happen Hinjin grabbed my arm eagerly, "We have some powerful people to meet." . I didn't know which one I prioritized more, my wanting to explain how I simply dont care or my laziness. I just didnt do anything. When I arrived to the circle of world leaders, I found my sister making a fool of herself, she was being awkward again. Because I value my sister so much, I decided to intervene by asking the names of the people around me. Chief Tonraq, Suyin Beifong, Asami Sato, and Varrick-the groom. After asking that foundation question I proceeded to ask about the fight between the colossus and team avatar. Asami looked down with an unreadable expression; Suyin smiled shyly, "A lot happened.", she stated. Judging on how everyone's posture changed and Asami's sudden change of face, I concluded that someone must've died. 

The night ended and we were called up to our customized rooms. My room was adorned with gorgeous jewels, precious shells, expensive paints, real fur rugs, and some of the best ventilation out. I was set for a good nights sleep. I laid down and allowed my heavy eyes to finally close after seeing such hideous faces, all except for one-'oh no', I thought to myself as I realized that the boy from the hallway was still in my mind. 'Go to sleep' , I told myself. But I couldn't help but think of that boy; his face was angelic-he had a beautiful jaw, delicious green eyes, and his hair was- oof. "WHAT AM I THINKING?!", I yelled. Ok, something is certainly off. As thoughts of the boy-doll flooded my mind, my heart beat quickened. Tingling feelings ranged throughout my entire body. Chills crept down my back and ended up in my stomach, turning into butterflies.

Tomorrow was gonna be a long day.