The boys stopped immediately and their eyes widened as they faced their mother. They gave her identical innocent smiles. "Nothing." They said in unison while taking their seats next to Catori.

May raised her eyebrows at the two and interrogated them with her eyes. Finally they broke.

"We're just planning a joke on one of our friends while we're on the train." Fred said quickly.

"We promise it has nothing to do with Catori." Kai said while draping an arm across her shoulders. She shoved it off immediately.

George sat down with the rest of them after filling their plates with breakfast. "And you're not going to share what it is?" He quirked an eyebrow at them and smirked.

May rolled her eyes and smiled while hitting George on the chest playfully.

"Just a few dungbombs-" Kai started

"And a closed compartment with a few friends of ours." Fred finished. Both them sporting devious grins.

George chuckled and ruffled both their heads, a proud smile resting on his lips. May laughed as well and looked at the clock.

"Alright then. We'd better be going don't want you to miss the train." She said while getting to her feet and moving the plates to the sink.

The three children sprinted to the foyer to get their trunks while giggling. George took May's hand and they followed.

Soon they had arrived at Kings cross station, just five minutes before the train left. May hugged each of them tightly and wished them a good year and George ruffled their hair and kissed Catori on the cheek.

Fred and Kai were jumping around excitedly and Catori was watching the other kids wearily, not sure how to act.

"Can we go?" Fred and Kai asked in unison while butting out their lips to pout.

May hugged them one last time. "Yes, alright. Write when you remember and look after your sister. Promise me you'll be on your best behavior."

Fred laughed. "Sorry mum but we've already promised other people-"

"That we'll be on our worst behavior." Kai finished with a grin.

May sighed and smiled. "And I'm assuming the other people are-"

"Each other." They said in unison and high-fived.

George laughed as they ran along but called out before they got on the train. "Number one rule you two?"

"Don't get caught!" They yelled together before disappearing onto the train.

May shook her head and laughed and then turned back to Catori. She caressed her cheek and kissed her on the head.

"Write us tonight after the sorting. You're going to be just fine." May reassured her.

George crouched down to be eye level with her and he rubbed her arms. "I'll miss you, princess. Don't forget to have fun." He winked at her and she giggled at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck one last time.

The train blew its last whistle and May smoothed down Catori's jumper and handed her the cage with her cat in it. "Take good care of Snowball. I love you."

"I love you too, mum. Love you, dad."

Catori waved one last time and ran off to the train.

"Don't forget to write!" May called out as she also disappeared.

May and George waved to their kids as the train moved away. They could faintly see Fred and Kai laughing hysterically with a few of their Gryffindor friends and Catori making friends with a couple other first years.

May sighed and side hugged George as the train disappeared. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her on the forehead.

"They're going to be just fine." He reassured her.

May laughed and shook her head. "If Fred and Kai get suspended or expelled, I'm blaming it on you."

George knocked his head back in laughter as he led them away from the station. "I'll happily take the blame."

Once they were back at their house, they had lunch and then cuddled up in the living room with blankets and a book that May was reading to him. The house was eerily quiet without any children running around, and they spent the day lounging around since George decided not to open the shop today and May took a day off her writing.

They sat in front of the fireplace with George's head on May's lap and her running her fingers through his hair as she read him The Odyssey.

"Muse, tell me of a man who was made to wander far and long. Many were the men whose lands he saw and came to know their thinking..."

"You're my muse, May."

"And you're mine."

An owl hooted as it swooped through the window and dropped a letter in May's hands. She recognized her daughters handwriting and opened it immediately. She read through it quickly while George waited for the news.

"Slytherin." May said with a proud smile.

George groaned. "Bollocks."

May sat the letter down and climbed onto George's lap. "I believe you owe me five galleons."

George smirked. "I think I have something better in mind."

"What- Ah!" George had flipped her over on the couch and started tickling her while she screamed with laughter.

He then crashed his lips into hers and they both smiled into the kiss.

Their lives were more than perfect. Complete and content. Undoubtedly in love with three perfect children that they loved unconditionally.

And to think May only came here for work.