IX - The Philosopher's Stone

Start from the beginning

"But, you couldn't fit Voldemort under a turban, right?" asked Astra.

"Honestly, we don't know. Anything could be possible for him," Regulus responded.

"Also, did you know that they're still blaming Snape for all of this," asked James, switching the topic from something that he really didn't want to believe. "Astra, you have to tell them, make them switch their path. As much as I hate him for torturing you and Harry in class, we can't just keep having them assume that it's Snivellus."

"No, you know I can't because then I'd have to explain all about me being a 'psychic medium' and how I know, and then I'd give them to much information and they'd drag me into whatever they're planning."

"I agree with Astra. She can't just go around telling people that she can talk to the dead, especially if she tells Harry that she can talk to us. Imagine what he would go through, realizing that someone could talk to us when he couldn't."

"Yes, I guess you're right. But then what should we do?"

"I say we just wait. Eventually, we'll figure everything out."

***

The problem with Quirrel maybe having Voldemort on the back of his head was put to the back of Astra's mind as she spent most of her time studying for their upcoming exams. Though she still had a pretty steady schedule, a lot more time was spent in the library. Astra was fantastic at basically everything when it came to the practical part of magic, but she definitely needed the sessions with Lily where she studied the theoretical part of Transfiguration and History of Magic. Regulus also helped her study astronomy by relating them to all of her past ancestors.

***

Astra easily made the pineapple tapdance across the desk and turned a mouse into a perfect snuffbox. Even with Snape walking past her every few seconds in hope that she would mess up, her forgetfulness potion was perfect. History of Magic was the last exam of the day and Astra felt relieved. She had noticed Harry put his hand to his forehead in pain a few times that day and was a bit worried about whether it was his scar that was hurting because of something to do with Voldemort, but didn't focus on it much until the exams were over.

Astra sat by the Great Lake, rereading her book on animagi, while overhearing a bit of the trio's conversation.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager." Astra snorted, while keeping her head in the book. Why would Hermione have studied topics that weren't even in the curriculum?

It seemed like she was about to talk about the exam results but got cut off when Ron said happily, "No more studying. You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet." 

"I wish I knew what this means!" he burst out angrily. "My scar keeps hurting. It's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill," said Harry. "I think it's a warning... it means danger's coming...."

"Harry, relax, Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down." Astra rolled her eyes. Actually, Hagrid had already accidentally given the secret to getting past Fluffy to Quirrel, but he still wouldn't be able to steal the stone because of Dumbledore's enchantment. However, obviously, they didn't know that. Hermione continued talking about studying, but suddenly Harry jumped to his feet.