An Uncooperative Mind

Start from the beginning

"I guess."

This was going to be a long day, wasn't it?

-------------------

Kanzaki's not-so-subtle accusations were the most difficult part to deal with, but thankfully Ichinose was there to calm him down.

By the time those two left, the rest of the Ayanokouji group had finally arrived.

"What did those two want?" Haruka asked me in a suspicious tone.

"They wanted to know about my perfect score."

While that answer seemed to be enough for the others, Haruka still didn't seem convinced.

"I see. Well, that's only natural." Keisei said while nodding in understanding.

The suspicious stares and the questions from the other students would be there for a while, but they should disappear after a week or two.

After all, for the better or the worse, other rumors like the apparent disappearance of Class 1-D's teacher were quickly spreading among the students as well.

"Anyways, let's go!"

Shaking her head as if to clear her mind from her thoughts and quickly becoming her usual self, Haruka took the initiative and lead the way, the rest of us following close behind her.

"Ano... Kiyotaka-kun?"

A meek voice made me shift my focus to the person walking next to me.

"What's up Airi?"

"A-are you okay?"

Her question caught me off guard. It was true that there were many things on my mind lately, but I made sure that the others wouldn't notice.

At the very least, I was completely sure that my expression was the same as always.

"I'm always okay."

However, just as Haruka before, my answer didn't seem to convince Airi.

"Well... If Kiyotaka-kun says so..."

Maybe it was because she had known me for a year, or maybe because she was more perceptive than most people, Airi somehow noticed that there was something on my mind.

Anyways, since she thankfully didn't make any move to keep this conversation going, I averted my eyes from her.

-----------

I wasn't exactly sure where we were headed. Although Haruka had organized this meeting, she didn't seem to be inclined to share the details of what we would actually be doing.

Currently, she was talking with Airi and Akito. Although Akito didn't seem that invested in the conversation, he would every so often respond with a "yeah" or a "sure".

"Hey, Kiyotaka..."

"Yes, Keisei?"

"..."

'Yukimura-ah, no. Keisei is hesitating. Perhaps he is thinking of what to say as he isn't the social type but at the same time, he looks conflicted.'

"Yeah so umm.....how have you be-no this isn't going to work."

"What do you mean?"

"You see, I'm not great discussing these sort of things, I asked Haruka earlier and she told me to try a friendly approach but I'm not the type to speak like that."

"You like direct approaches, I understand."

"Yeah, look I...I messed up ok?"

"It's fine."