"Well..I guess it doesn't, I don't really see whats the big deal about it." said Adrian causing the girls attention to fall back on Adrian, almost like she wasn't expecting the answer. "My parents just told me that I should make pure blood friends."

———

Y/n slowly made her way into an empty compartment, pulling out a book about Hogwarts, reading about the history and everything she could find out about the school, she was eager to finally get there and see what house she was going to be sorted in and make new friends and learn how to use magic.

She sat there reading when a girl came in, she was a really pretty girl, she smiled at Y/n. "Hi! Everywhere else is full, mind if i sit here?!" said the girl closing the door behind her as Y/n nodded. "My name is Angelina Johnson, please to meet you!"

"Y/n L/n, it's a pleasure to meet you!" Y/n said shaking Angelinas hand. Angelina had a bright smile on her face, she seemed like a person who was very confident with what she does.

"You're reading already? We aren't even at school yet and you're reading!?" said Angelina causing Y/n to let a laugh out. Angelina sat next to Y/n and looked at the book as she closed it. "How about we talk about us! Tell me about you, like how was your summer ? Do you like playing Quidditch?" The rest of the way the girls chatted.

Finally arriving to Hogwarts, the first years were being called over by a giant hairy man, "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" said the giant man as Y/n and Angelina looked at each other and smiled following after the man. Climbing into boats that are sailing across a lake, where up ahead a huge castle can be seen, causing everyone to be in awe.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." said an older witch with a strong Scottish accent.

"What house do you hope to be sorted into?" said Angelina as Y/n looked around the castle. Seeing how big it was and how magical.

"It doesn't really matter to me, just not Slytherin." Y/n said as Angelina agreed. Angelina explained how she hoped to be sorted into Gryffindor because it was the house of the brave. "Doesn't sound to bad."

The older witch came back and lead everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Said a girl who had an American accent telling this boy next to her as Y/n admired the ceiling.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty, But don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find A smarter hat than me. You can keep your bowlers black, Your top hats sleek and tall, For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat And I can cap them all. There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see, So try me on and I will tell you Where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart; You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true And unafraid of toil; Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, Will always find their kind; Or perhaps in Slytherin You'll make your real friends, Those cunning folks use any means To achieve their ends. So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands (though I have none) For I'm a Thinking Cap!" Sung the magical hat as everyone stayed in awe.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." said the Scottish witch.

"Miles Bletchley!" "Slytherin!"
"Cedric Diggory!" "Hufflepuff!"
"Angelina Johnson!" "Gryffindor!"
"Lee Jordan!" "Gryffindor!"
"Emilia Morales!" "Slytherin!"
"Adrian Pucey!" Slytherin!"
"Alicia Spinnet!" "Gryffindor!"
"Charlotte Thomas!" "Ravenclaw!"
"Y/n L/n!" "Gryffindor!!"

Y/n sighed in relief that it wasn't Slytherin, she sat down with Angelina as she smiled as the two continued to watch everyone else get sorted. Two identical red hair boys, were getting yelled at by the sorting hat because they tried to switch identities, and the hat knew. Both were placed in Gryffindor in the end.

———

"I didn't think you would be placed in Slytherin." Adrian told Emilia as they sat next to each other. "You seem more like a Ravenclaw" Emilia shrugged watching another boy come sit next to the two of them.

"Well, it did take forever on her didn't it? It probably was having a heard time deciding" said the boy with a smile. "Names Miles Bletchley."

"Emilia Morales, but yeah i guess, it didn't really matter to me to be honest." She said causing Bletchley to have a surprised look on his face, probably expecting her to sound different.

"Adrian Pucey, but strange it did take a really long time on you, probably to see if you were a nerd or not." said Adrian with a laugh causing Emilia to roll her eyes.

"You speak weird." said Miles causing Emilia to look at him as if he was stupid. "Well not weird but i've never heard someone have an accent like you, you don't even look like you'll be from England."

"Well that's because I'm not, I lived in American for eleven years of my life." She said as Adrian and her let out a few laughs. "My parents just moved  here in May."

———

"Hello Ladies!" Said one of the red haired boys as Y/n and Angelina looked up at him with a strange look on their faces. "Names Fred Weasley."

"And i'm George, George Weasley, and you ladies are ?" said the other boy as he sat across from the Y/n.

"Angelina Johnson, and this here is my new friend Y/n, L/n," said Angelina as you smiled at the boys. They grinned and place their hands out, for you to shake it.

"You two seem like trouble, already on out first day, you have the sorting hat yelling at you." Y/ñ said with a laugh as they looked at each other. "Pleasure to meet you two."

"You sound like our mother, she thinks we aren't going to take school seriously, i mean of course she was right but the little faith she has in us." said George quickly as the empty plates in front of everyone become full of all types of food.

"Let's see how she going to handle the letter she's going to get from McGonagall that you two tried to trick the sorting hat." said another red head, who had to be sixteen or seventeen years old. "I don't think she will be too pleased."

"Come on Charlie, don't put bad energy in the air." said Fred as you and Angelina looked at each other and giggled. "Oh this is Charlie, he's our brother, and that over there is Percy, he's not so cool like Charlie."

"I heard that Fred, and I hope you know you aren't funny." said Percy from down a few sits. He seemed more like a perfectionist, he had more of a stuck up face, watching him move closer to Charlie. "Mum isn't going to be to happy, I hope the both of you know that."

Y/n watched the twins and Percy argue on how lame Percy was, her focus went across to the Slytherin table to see all the ones her age. Y/n's eyes stopped on them but quickly turning around. "Are Slytherins really that bad ?" You asked Charlie as he let a small laugh.

"There isn't one witch or wizard that hasn't gone bad that we're in Slytherin, they're evil, mean, selfish and shrewd." said Charlie as your eyes widen, looking back at the table. "But of course it's a stereotype, not every Slytherin is like that, some are ! But many aren't."

The fest was over and all the Gryffindors made their way to the Gryffindor tower, getting shown around, getting told all the rules and being shown the dorms. Y/n shared the dorm with Angelina, this girl name Alicia and another girl named Autumn. Quickly getting along well, and fast to sleep she went seeing that tomorrow would be her first magic class.