We continued walking in silence, neither of us really knowing what to say to the other. I decided it was only fair that I start the conversation this time. "So, how did you get into this school, since we're asking." Kendall whipped her head towards me in fake offense. " 'I'm just smart I guess' " She said mimicking my answer and I laughed along with her. She continued, "I mean I have good grades and stuff, but my scores aren't technically high enough. But like I was saying earlier, everyone here knows each other. My dad just made some calls and voila. Here I am." I nodded and pondered her words. "That's what most of the student's situations are here. You're just an anomaly I guess." She said shoving my shoulder lightly. I could tell we were going to be really good friends.

I was thankful that Kendall decided to come up and talk to me. I'm not sure I would be able to do the same. She was the extrovert to my introvert. The yin to my yang. That's the cheesiest thing ever you fucking moron, you've known her for like ten minutes. Sometimes I wish I could make them shut up. But then again sometimes they're all I have.

"Harry?" I heard Kendall ask. "Yeah, um, sorry. Just a little lost in my head." She chuckled lightly. "Yeah I notice you do that quite a lot." She said with a slightly worried look on her face. I shrugged and focused my attention on the huge building ahead of us. It was made of old brick and what looked like blackened iron to adorn headpieces and rails of sorts. The tour guide stopped on the steps, and I could see exhaustion laced in his features. It made me feel a little bad that I at least didn't pay attention to his little synapse of each building and statue on the campus. I'm sure he tried really hard to prepare for this. That's because you're a selfish piece of shit. Maybe think about someone other than yourself for 10 seconds and people might actually want to talk to you. Kendall wants to talk to me. That's a start, right?

"Okay, first-years are allowed to pick they're roommate freely as long as they are the same sex, just pair up and come to me. Everyone else will find their name on their door on the top floors. I looked at Kendall and we were both thinking the same thing: fuck me I literally want to crawl in a hole and die. Hopefully Kendall's wasn't that dramatic but then again who knows. I felt the pit of my stomach drop and my heart started to quicken rapidly. I felt Kendall squeeze my arm. "It's going to be fine, just come find me for dinner, yeah?" I nodded my head vigorously, not wanting her to go. 20 minutes in and I'm already attached. Hey, seriously, Harry, it's going to be fine. Just look around and find someone who looks nice. And preferably will brush their teeth once and a while. I nervously looked around and spotted a blonde boy who looked nice enough. We locked eyes from a few feet away and we awkwardly walked towards each other.

He was quick to greet me with a big smile and a firm handshake. "Heyo, I'm Niall Horan. Probably just Niall though." He stopped himself and I could see his mental facepalm. "Sorry, I'm always horrible at introductions." I laughed. "That's alright, me too. I'm Harry Styles, but just Harry is probably fine." He blushed, noticing I was poking fun at him. I couldn't help but feel the swirl of happiness in my stomach. Things were working out really well so far. I hadn't felt this confident for a long time, since I was back home and things were normal. "Well, now that we know each others names, I guess, if you'll have me.." I started, wiping a fake tear from my eye, "I want to move in together Niall." I said clasping my hands together and sticking out my bottom lip. Instantly the boy through his head back and let out the loudest cackle I ever heard. The people around us flinched and looked back at us with a tinge of shock and disgust. I really just can't seem to not raise attention. Niall came back up for air and wiped away a few legitimate tears before lazily flopping an arm over my shoulders. "Yeah okay Curly, this'll work out great." I laughed in agreement as we made our way to the guide who was now sitting at a table with a clipboard in front of him. He looked up at us as he was taking a sip of coffee. A startled hum cam from him as if to acknowledge our presence while he swallowed the hot drink. "Hey there, you guys want to sign up for rooms together?" We both nodded as he got his pencil ready to write our names down. "Niall Horan" he said softly as he was writing and then he looked over to my nametag. "Harry Sty-" He stopped and looked back up at me. "Hey are you sure you're a first-year?" My heart started racing again. I looked at Niall for support. He looked at me a little questioningly too. "I mean, yeah. I'm fresh out of secondary school. I'm eighteen. I-" The guide cut me off. "Oh, okay that's right. My manager told me about you." I looked at him with a strange expression. I looked over at Niall who looked just as confused as I was, if not more. Everything was going so well. What the fuck is happening. The guide started searching for what seemed like paperwork he couldn't find. He reached back into a tan satchel and pulled out a manilla file with my last name written on the tab. There is no possible way this ends well. I held my breath as I waited for him to explain what the hell was going on.