Chapter 2

I closed the door behind me, leaving what I assume was a confused Louis and my sad pile of belongings to get acquainted. I hoped he wouldn't look through my things. I'm insecure about my frugality and I didn't want his pity. I didn't want anyone's pity. I shook the thoughts from my head and walked down the hallway, taking a left at the elevators. I turned too sharply and accidentally bumped shoulders with a tall boy with tanned skin that melded with his brown eyes in a gorgeous dance. Seriously not the time Harry. "Sorry, my bad." I said quickly, not meeting his glaze. I ducked my head and was ready to move past him, but his hand gripped my arm and I looked up in shock. He looked down at me with a stern glaze and scanned my body with slight disgust. Looking back at his designer clothing and styled hair, I could understand why my thrifted blazer wasn't cutting it for him.

I pulled myself out of his grasp and he didn't say a word as he turned around to disappear down the adjacent hallway. What the fuck just happened. I pressed the button to go down still trying to process what just happened. The elevator dinged, and I stepped on the platform to take me to the first floor. When the doors closed I let out a sigh of relief. Since coming here, it's just been one thing after the other. There's no privacy here, and it seems as though there are many unwritten rules that seem far too complicated to keep up with. My hint of alone-time was interrupted by the doors opening to a rowdy lobby filled with students being reacquainted with each other and staff members trying to direct people to the dining hall.

My eye caught that of Kendall's first, and she waved me over to a group of girls. "Hey Harry! This is my roommate and some of her friends. Everyone, this is Harry. We met on the tour." Everyone exchanged awkward pleasantries, as they always happen at the start. "You guys ready to go?" a girl with blonde hair said to the group. The girls around me nodded, but I had to speak up. "Actually I have to wait on a friend of mine. I'll meet you guys in there though." I said as confidently as I could. I always felt bad contradicting someone like that. The girls nodded and they started towards the hall. Kendall gave me a pleading look, and I responded with an apologetic smile. I knew Kendall was uncomfortable with those girls, but I couldn't just leave Niall. Plus, he looks like loads of fun.

I turned around and tried to weave through the crowd trying not to draw too much attention to myself, but I'm quite tall, and mixed with my clumsy nature, I really had no chance. I kept tripping over other peoples shoes and muttering quick apologies about every ten seconds. I finally spotted a rather annoyed looking boy with brown hair standing next to Niall who looked about as carefree as a butterfly. I smirked realizing they were going to be roommates. Well that looks like a fun little couple. I walked towards them, and when Niall finally found my gaze he smiled brightly and nudged the boy next to him to tell him something. He rolled his eyes at whatever Niall said and just overall looked like he'd rather smash his head into the nearest wall than be standing there anymore. "Hey guys, sorry I got a little caught up upstairs." That caught the other boys attention. "What do you mean upstairs? Are you a third year or something?" He asked with an increasing amount of caution in his voice. I looked over at Niall for any sort of help. Absolutely no luck there. Just remember karmas a bitch Niall. "Um, yes and no. It's my first year here, but I guess I'm supposed to take classes with the third years?" I said feeling like a total twat.

"Oh great, so you're like a genius." I was about to totally undermine his compliment when he introduced himself. "I'm Liam, nice to meet you. Can we go to dinner now? I'm starving." Niall's eyes widened as he nodded eagerly in agreement. "Yeah sure, let's go." As we were walking, I said "By the way, I didn't know if we could sit with another friend of mine and their friends? I promised them I'd meet them here." They both shrugged. "The more the marrier I guess" Liam said.