whatcha waiting for, moony?

Start from the beginning

"Slughorn probably did it got a reason. Bug, didn't you say we're doing amortentia?" James smirked. Cerise nodded. James then frowned at Cerise's lack of communication, but chose to not say anything.

"I wonder what'll happen because of it. Probably something juicy," Rosie giggled while applying cherry chapstick.

The Marauders chuckled nervously, discreetly staring at the girls. They all knew why but chose to not mention it.

Remus loosened his tie while staring at Cerise. Cerise avoided acknowledging his gaze as she knew she'd smell him in the potion, something she didn't want to do. She was however curious about who he'd smell.

"Now that everyone's settled, you may be wondering why all three of you houses are together," he pointed to someone random from each house, "I thought it would be best to pair up two of my classes so it'd make it easier to teach this lesson. I know all of you will work diligently, no matter what your house prejudice is. This semester's lesson is an easy lesson. Does anyone know what Amortentia is?" Flynn raised his hand.

"It's the most powerful love potion in the world, sir. It smells different to each person, according to who or what attracts them." 

Slughorn smiled. "Correct, Mr. Reynolds. Five points to Hufflepuff." His friends patted him on the back while he turned to Cerise and smiled. Remus noticed and rolled his eyes.

"I've made the potion for you lot today and split them into two caldrons," he moved his hands straight down the room. "Split into two lines and examine the potion. Write down notes of what your feedback and observations are and hand them in at the end of class. This will be your first grade of the new semester."

The entire class all got up and collectively began talking amongst themselves. They shuffled to their feet and into two lines.

"Bet five sickles Peter's going to smell Rosie," Sirius whispered to James and Cerise.

"You can't bet on something that's bound to happen," Cerise jokingly rolled her eyes.

"Awe, there's that warm smile. We haven't seen that in a while," James said pressing his two pointer fingers into Cerise's cheeks. She waved them away making the rest of the friends laugh.

Rosie nudged Sirius while lightly laughing. "Aye, leave her alone," she mumbled sending sympathetic eyes towards Cerise.

Lily poked the back of her head making Cerise turn. "Yeah, in all seriousness, you okay, honey?" Cerise tiredly nodded.

She hated having to keep nodding and telling people she was fine. She wasn't. She wanted to yell. She wanted to be anywhere but at school. In reality, she didn't want to be here. She wanted to be at home with her dad and brother. She wanted to be able to mourn. She wanted to be able to randomly cry and not be judged by onlookers. And she wanted to be able to not look okay without people bombarding her with questions. But still, she weakly smiled at the redhead.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Marlene stepped up towards the pot and took a whiff. "Smells like... firewood, pumpkin juice, and roses," she shrugged before going back to her seat to take notes.

"Doesn't Dorcas Meadowes's perfume smell like roses-," Lily began but was hushed by Cerise as they all took the realization in. The girls giggled while Sirius scoffed. Rosie grinned before stepping up to the pot and taking a whiff. She stared blankly at the pot for a few seconds.