Reminiscing, new feelings

Start from the beginning

"Leah, it's pitch black, I doubt many people will be on the beach." Kiera said as we walked down to the sand.

We put the two towels down on the sand, Keira sat between Lucy's legs on one and me and Jordan sat side by side on the other one.

We spent the first while just embarrassing each other with stories. Lucy embarrassed Jordan as much as she could and I embarrassed both Keira and Jordan. Keira then decided to get back at me and embarrass me just before Jordan chipped in and did the same.

"Do you guys mind if me and Kiera have a wonder around the beach?" Lucy asked me and Jordan.

"Not at all! Go have some fun lovebirds, we'll see you back at the hotel." I told them smirking at Kiera, making her blush.

"So it's just you and me now." Jordan said as she lays down on the towel. "Thank god you're good company." She said as a million thoughts went through my mind causing me to have butterflies.

(Jordan's pov)

Leah ended up laying down beside me after a few seconds, her face inches away from mine making me really nervous to say the least.

"Hey, uhm Leah...." I said looking over at her.

"What's wrong?" She said turning so she was laying on her stomach while she looked at me.

"I'm scared." I said.

"Of what?" She asked me, seeing the actual worry on my face.

"Of love." I let out, leaving Leah a bit puzzled.

"Love shouldn't be scary, what we confuse with love is scary." She said, her arm on my stomach while her face was just above mine.

"And how do I know if it's love or not?" I asked her.

"I don't know Jord, I think it's just a deeper feeling. When people have a connection between them so strong and so deep, you can ignore it all you want, but one simple thing, a view, a dance, a song, anything just makes the feeling come back. You see when you love someone, you let go of every little fear that's holding you back from them, you miss them with every little thing you do. Seeing them happy is just enough to make a dull day meaningful."

"I'm scared of telling her. What if she doesn't feel the same way?"

"If you love someone let them know, and if they don't love you well you let them go. If you love someone you want to see them happy, with or without you." Leah said.

"Sometimes I wish I could read minds, life would be a lot easier that way."

Leah gave me a smile before she lowered her head down onto my chest and closes her eyes.

(Leah's pov)

I felt safe against her chest, I felt her heartbeat in my ear and the warmth of her body went through mine. I smiled to myself, just at the thought of the girl who was laying under me, probably blind to the fact that I like her.

I open my eyes once again as I look at my watch. 9.30 pm. I slowly get up from Jordan's chest standing up before giving Jordan a hand up.

"Can we go to the shore one last time?" I asked Jordan, who just smiled and nodded.

Jordan put the towel around her to keep her warm while walking beside me to the water. "Don't splash me today please. It's too cold." Jordan said innocently.

I stood there, the water covering my ankles looking at the moon shining up in the sky. I feel two arms wrap around me, to see Jordan in front of me, leaning into my body.

She has her hands on my waist, while I place mine around her neck. Our eyes meet one anothers, as I can slowly feel her come closer to me.

"Leah! Leah!" I heard someone scream from behind me, making me take a few steps back from Jordan.

I turned around to find Keira running my way being chased by Lucy. "She's trying to tickle me!" She shouted as she spun around me.

I laughed at her, before walking back towards the hotel with Jordan, since Lucy and Keira had already ran away.

The walk back was quiet, not awkward, at all really taking into account we were inches apart a few minutes ago.

I stood outside of my room about to open it when I turned around watching Jordan walk to her room. "Jordan-" I called her awkwardly. "Thanks for today." I said scratching the back of my head.

"Thank you, I really enjoyed myself." She said, before I opened my door.

I could feel her still in my presence, still watching me as I entered my room and then closed my door.

Keira wasn't in my room, so when I closed my door I slid down it sitting on the ground. Why do we make life so complicated? It would be so much easier if we just said exactly what we felt, but here we were sitting on a cold hotel floor.