"This is a great night," started Anthony and handed us the cigs. "Thanks for the invite."

"Yeah, I'm having fun," PJ admitted and looked at me. I looked away. We were talking about small things, such as college and the weather.

"Shit, I have to pee," Anthony muttered, leaving me and PJ on the porch alone. PJ took the opportunity and sat next to me.

"So, you and Vinnie, huh?" PJ blew the smoke upwards. I sighed.

"Yeah."

"Do you love him?" he asked me. I looked at him in shock.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I snapped and stood up because it was time to go. I don't wanna be here with him for another minute. He grabbed my arm.

"Don't go, please," he begged. "I missed you, bug." Maybe it was a mistake but I stayed. I sat back down. "You know, I just don't get it. Why him?"

"He's a good guy, PJ. He really cares about me."

He laughed. "Maybe. But he's a player, you can't deny that."

"Why are you telling me this?" I fumed. He was looking at me the whole time. I don't know. I still care about him, that's for sure. But right now all I feel is anger. He really invited me into his house where he's living with a girl he left me for.

"Because I want you to be happy."

"Oh? Fuck you, PJ!" I stormed. "If you wanted me to be happy, then you would never leave me in the first place."

"You have no idea what are you talking about," he growled. "That's why I left you in the first place!"

"What the fuck? I was happy with you. You left me for no reason!" I argued and stood up. I put the cigarette butt into an ashtray. I wanted to get back to the house but PJ stood in my way. "Let me go, PJ. I'm done talking to you."

"I was happy with you, too," he confessed. I sighed. Why are we doing this again?

"Okay. Why the fuck did you leave me, then?" I lost my temper.

"Because I slept with Darianka," he mumbled. I started shaking. I wanted to throw up really bad.

"W-what?"

"I slept with Darianka," he repeated. He was looking at his shoes, but I saw the tears in his eyes. "When I was dating you."

"Excuse me? You fucking piece of shit!" I yelled at him and he grabbed both of my hands. I tried to get out of his grip but he was stronger.

"I'm sorry," he cried. "I am a dick! I'm sorry!"

"Fuck you. Don't ever talk to me again!"

"I loved you, I still do," he bawled.

"Fuck off, PJ! You're drunk. Let me go!" I pleaded.

"What the fuck is going on?" I heard a voice next to me. It was Vinnie. PJ let me go and I ran to Vinnie. "What's your problem, man?"

"Vinnie, can- we," I tried to calm him down, but he was yelling at PJ. I cupped his head with my hands and I made him look at me. "It's okay, can we go now?" He was quiet, he just took my hand and went back to the house.

"Guys, we're going home now, okay? It was great but we have to go. Thank you," he said tried to stay calm. Everyone was looking so confused.

"I can drive you-" started Anthony but Vinnie told him no and walked out of the house. I heard Darianka asking: "What happened?" but he didn't even look back. He let go of my hand and just started walking down a street.

"Where are you going?" I asked between my sobs, following him slowly. He turned around and I saw his face full of anger.

"Are you coming or what?"

"What the fuck did I do to you?" I cried. He sighed and turned around again. He came to me and used his thumb to wipe my tears.

"Nothing. I'm sorry. I just didn't wanna get into a fight with him. I'm sorry." I only nodded and cried even more.

I was fucking broken.

The reason PJ broke up with me because he cheated on me. He slept with Darianka. And I've been thinking I did something wrong for months.

He had sex with her. Just like that. Losing his virginity to me was a big deal for him. Okay, we had the first sex like two months into our relationship but it was still a big deal for him. And then he cheats on me? What the fuck is wrong with him?

"What happened?" Vinnie asked when he saw how much I was bawling. I said nothing, so he just hugged me. I wasn't even sure how far we were from their house. "I'll get an Uber, okay?"

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course, baby. Whatever you want." He kissed my forehead. "You know, Anthony just texted me. They're leaving. He'll get us a lift." He was hugging me in the middle of the street. A car pulled out next to us so I and Vinnie got in.

"Oh my God, what happened, baby girl?" Avani looked worried.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said. I put my head on Vinnie's lap and he started caressing my hair.