We got out of the car and went through a gate. Avani knocked on the door. Vinnie was gently rubbing my back. He knew I was about to pass out. I was so nervous to see PJ living with his new girlfriend.

The door opened and Darianka hugged Avani. "Hi!" cheered. "I'm so glad you guys came over!"

Then she came to me and hugged me, too. I was shocked but I hugged her back because I'm polite like that. PJ only nodded at me but he didn't even acknowledge Vinnie.

"Looks like someone doesn't like me," Vinnie whispered to me as we were walking towards the dining room.

"Yeah, I already told you a hundred times that I don't like you, yet you're still acting surprised," I teased him. He rolled his eyes at me and shook his head but I saw his subtle smile.

We all sat at a big table with eight chairs. I was sitting between Vinnie and Avani.

"I like your place, it looks so cool," I said.

Darianka looked at me and smiled. "Thank you." I'm still not sure if she's faking it or she's just trying us to get on well with each other. The first ten or twenty minutes were super awkward. PJ almost didn't speak at all, the conversation was mainly between Darianka and Avani. Anthony and Vinnie sometimes joked and I added something.

We were drinking white wine and I have never seen PJ drinking this fast. I have seen him drunk like two times in my life, max.

Darianka cooked mac and cheese and Vinnie looked amused at first, but it was surprisingly good.

"Babe, can you pass me the pepper?" smirked Vinnie when everyone was quiet. Avani giggled at this and I almost choked on the food.

"S-sure," I muttered and handed him the pepper. Okay, we're "dating" but this is just so embarrassing. I hate him.

We were finishing the fourth or fifth bottle of wine when PJ looked at me and Vinnie and asked: "So how did you guys meet?"

"Well," started Vinnie before I even tried to say anything, "I saw her on TikTok once and then I texted her. She responded," he quickly looked at me with a smirk, "and we started talking. Then when she moved to LA, I just clicked with her immediately."

"Oh, that's cute, you look very nice together, guys," Darianka smiled and I smiled back. I mean, is this the wine talking or is she just really sweet? PJ wasn't looking as happy, on the other hand.

"This wine is so good, D. But I always thought you don't drink," Avani remarked.

"Yeah, you know, only on special occasions."

Avani chuckled and looked at me. "Every day is a special occasion, am I right?"

"True," I confirmed and chuckled, too. I know how Avani loves wine so much. She'd probably drink instead of water if she could. The boys were talking about baseball or something, I don't know, I wasn't listening.

"...right, Jade?" I heard my name and looked at PJ. "I was saying that you once faked a broken arm to get out of PE." I furrowed my eyebrows. Why the fuck is he talking about this? Darianka seemed angry, so I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah, well, it was a long time ago."

"Yeah, but you were doing it all the time-"

"Does anyone want a cigarette?" Anthony cut in.

"Sure," I said, only to get out of this awkward situation.

"Same," agreed PJ. I looked at Vinnie with terror in my eyes.

"Should I go with you?" he whispered.

I took a deep breath. "I'll handle it." I followed Anthony and PJ to the porch. I sat on the stairs and the boys were standing.