Chapter 1

A/N Ill swear in this book, so warning for you guys
Okay I tried keeping the first chapter really similar to the mangas first chapter but it's really time consuming and annoying so I'll just change it up a little.

"Look, you made him cry. I won't let you hurt him anymore!"

I know that some people...

"You playing at hero, 'Deku'?!" Bakugo smacked his palm with his fist, and created a small explosion

"You don't even have a quirk!" Bakugo friend unfurled his demon-like wings.

...are born unequal.

Even at 4 years old, I knew that. What society is like. And that has been my handicap. From then...

Until now.

"Look, what a huge villain!" A civilian yelled. A giant creature was creating havoc at Tatooine Station, while the wooden hero, Kamui Woods, swung around, trying to get it away from the crowded area to avoid too many injuries and destruction.

"Go away!" The monster roared and swung. Kamui jumped away. "Stand down, you big lump of evil." Kamui ordered. "You're charged with unlawful use of a power during commuting hours as well as robbery." he continued. "Here it comes... your punishment."

"Show us your best move, tree guy!" A random civilian yelled. "Here it comes. His ultimate preemptive strike..." 14 year old Izuku Midoriya muttered excitedly.

"Lacquer Prison!" The hero and the boy echoed together. Tendrils of wood shot out of Kamui's hands and began wrapping themselves around the villain until-

"CANYON CANNON" was yelled and another giant flew over the heads of the civilian, kicking the villain in the jaw and knocking him out cold, shocking all the observers.

"My name is 'Mount Lady'. Pleasure to meet you, and leave the rest to me." The giant turned around and smiled, as a roar of cheers erupted from the crowd.

It all began in the town of Qing Qing, China, with news of a mysterious "Luminescent Baby"! Shortly thereafter, similar phenomena popped up all over the world. The trigger for these newfound powers was never determined, but as time progressed, what was once extraordinary became ordinary and "dreams" became reality! Of the planets population, around 80% have developed unique abilities, or "individualities" called "quirks"! We have entered a new age, a society of super-humans! And in this world of whirling chaos, a certain profession that people used to aspire to only in daydreams has stepped into the light of day!

The great phenomenon was attended by an accompanying increase in crime levels and while nations dawdled in making any sort of radical change to the law, men and women of courage took inspiration from comics and donned the mantle of heroism. They began policing this brave new world, and defending innocents from evil. Suddenly, through the swell of public opinion, heroism gained rights as an official occupation! And due to various acts of meritorious service, they obtained income from the state and renown from the people!

"Gigantification huh... as a quirk its fairly likely to attract attention and popularity but isn't it also somewhat limiting since it'd be easier to inadvertently damage the city while on the job? Of course, that'd be moot if one could control ones size..." Izuku noted down in his hero handbook. "You taking notes?! Aiming to be a hero, huh? Nice! Good luck kid!" A civilian noticed. "...! Yes sir! I'll do my best!" Izuku replied proudly.

......

"C'mon class! You're middle school seniors! Its time you started thinking seriously about your futures!" The teacher yelled. "Ill be handing out printouts on your desired life-course."