There Was Only One Bed

Prompt: One bed.
Rating: T
Category: Rom-com
Warnings: None.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No."

"We'll take it," Granger said promptly, ramming her extremely pointy elbow into his ribs.

"We will not," he muttered as he doubled over and struggled against wheezing.

"Ignore him." Granger was smiling brightly at the concierge and handing over a credit card while her stiletto heel drove agonisingly into his foot.

"There are other hotels," he said, trying not to hobble as he chased her down a long hallway. "Hundreds. This city is massive. It's not like this is the only hotel."

"Shut up, Malfoy," she said coldly as she reached the door and slotted the hotel key in. The lock beeped and turned green. As she gripped the knob, Draco's hand closed over hers, his heart was pounding heavily in his chest.

"Granger—" he said in a weak voice, struggling to find the right words. "I cannot share a bed with you."

Her eyes narrowed dangerously. "I'm not trekking around an unfamiliar city at one o'clock in the morning to find another hotel. I'm tired. I have had an exceptionally long day putting up with you. I am sleeping here. If you want to go find another hotel on your own, be my guest. Now. Get. Out. Of. My. Way."

Blood was roaring his ears as she pushed the door open and stepped in, flicking the switch by the door and kicking her shoes off in the same movement.

She gave a breathy sigh of relief that coiled through his gut and sent a flush of heat across his chest as he followed her into the room and let the door shut behind him.

She peeled off her slick raincoat and hung it in the closet and dropped her bag onto the dresser.

Draco's eyes were locked on the bed. It wasn't the smallest bed, but it looked small when his mind was filled with the thought that it would be Granger lying beside him, close enough to easily reach out towards, and she apparently had no objections whatsoever to such an arrangement.

The collar on his shirt was soaked and felt stifling. He reached up, loosened his tie, and undid the top several buttons.

He allowed his gaze to travel away from the bed back to Granger.

Her hands were sliding up her leg and under the hem of her sheath dress. Draco tried not to choke audibly.

Was she unhooking her stocking? Did she wear stockings with a garter belt? He wasn't sure if he had the fortitude to know that particular detail about her.

Draco felt as though he were on the verge of a heart attack as his eyes followed her pale hands as they slid along her inner-thigh.

Merlin...

Morgana...

Circe...

Her hands slipped out from under the hem of her dress. Her wand was gripped in her right hand.

She straightened and, with a quick flick, shrank the chair, desk, and mini-fridge. She levitated them up into her hand and then lined them neatly along the top of the dresser.

She waved her wand again and extended the room by an additional ten feet and then proceeded to conjure a second bed complete with duvet and several pillows.

She pivoted on her heel and leveled him with a scathing glare before she added an enormous privacy curtain.