Chapter 1: In the Beginning

Lesley

"Sis! We should return home now! Our parents are waiting for us for dinner!"

Harley squealed happily, as he's pretty excited to go home early now.

While we're heading back home, a Green Sabre Car just bypassed us and the engine sound of it is quite scary.

We both hid to a nearby bushes beside us to prevent ourselves getting caught. Instead, we heard a gunfire around the area.

I covered both of my ears and Harley hugged me tight. After the gunfire, we saw the Green Sabre car left and we rushed to see what happened.

And there, I dropped on my knees and sobbed. Harley snuggles into me & hugged me tight.

The gunfire we heard was just a drive-by shooting with the Green Sabre car.

We didn't managed to get inside because I know it will hurt a lot when I saw their dead bodies.

In the middle of our despair, Someone rushed to us, I looked back to see who it is, and it was Gusion.

My best friend in school.

"Lesley, what happened?"

"I-Its M-Mama and Papa– T-They..... They're......"

I was stuttering. My emotions are mixed already. Before I could finish my sentence, Gusion hugged me & Harley tight.

"Shh..... You guys are staying in my apartment from now on. Let's go."

Even though Me & Harley lost our parents in the early age, we didn't managed to give up.

Thank Gord that Gusion is the one who take care of us. I'm so grateful to have a friend like him.

Harley was just 5 years old. Me & Gusion are 16.

It's just too early to lose a parent on this age right?

~•~

~Time Skip~

~~4 years later~

"So Gus, are you nervous of our graduation?" I asked Gusion, as he's gonna retake one of our exams in college.

"Yeah........ I can't believe I failed Science. Damn."

"Hehe, You never listen to the teacher that's why."

"Hey! I'm trying to learn okay?! It's just that, I don't like Science that's all."

Gusion Reasoned. Yeah, Yeah, I know how this boy is. He's just too lazy to listen to his teacher because the teacher of our science this college is the one whom he really hated the most.

Sir Mike T.

Sure, Sir Mike is pretty strict, but he does have the vibes to share with his students when there is no topic to discuss though.

Despite Him being a teacher, he's also a spy. Working with the Government Agency and I consider him as my best teacher for all.

Not only I liked his personality, but because his accent and teaching skills are just way more valuable than the teachers I've met in the past.

We are now standing in the side of the stage, waiting for the Director to give our diplomas.

The Director instructed us to have with partners so that It won't be confusing when it's starting to give away the Diplomas.