Chapter 18: Mischief and Mayhem (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

Start from the beginning

"Achillean what are you-"

"Sorry, Raineus! I'll make it up to you later!" he called over his shoulder as he ran. Achillean knew if he didn't hurry he would be beaten, and more so than he already was from the training sessions.

He swiftly runs down a pathway, finding his way through the maze of huts as he entered the village. He makes a sharp right turn, seeing an opening through the cluster of huts.

Haha, he was too slow! Achillean thought triumphantly.

Just as he was getting ready to exit the alley, his eyes widened in surprise as a figure cut off his escape.

Ohh Notch...

"I've got you now!" Ingressus said.

Achillean sprinted faster towards Ingressus, intending to swiftly run past him and make his escape. As soon as he was near his friend, Achillean felt his feet move out from underneath himself as Ingressus moved his leg slightly out and tripped the Nestoris. Achillean landed on the ground with a hard thump, landing on his stomach.

"Oofff...ahh... nice one... Ingressus," Achillean wheezed, spitting out bits of dirt while rolling over onto his back, coaxing air back into his lungs. He should have seen that coming... Going for the knees, weak joints, or doing other techniques to unbalance a foe put the fighter at an advantage. Achillean remembered whenever he felt he'd had almost a chance at beating Ingressus while they sparred, his friend always surprised him with another unexpected move that sent him tumbling back to the floor, and in this case, had been a 'hit while running.'

So much for getting away. Now I'm in for it. Achillean thought.

"Okay, why did you do it?!" Ingressus questioned as he narrowed his eyes slightly at his friend.

Achillean put his hand over his mouth attempting to conceal his smile while trying to keep himself from laughing. Boy did his friend look mad!

"I don't know what you mean," Achillean snickered. "I am completely innocent. You have only yourself to blame for this outcome."

"You threw a freshly caught fish in my bed while I was still sleeping! A live one?!" Ingressus exclaimed.

Achillean couldn't help it, he started to laugh as he laid on the ground. "The look on your face... haha! You looked as though an undead was in the room with you! Besides, it seemed all my other methods to get you out of bed weren't working. So I went to more extreme measures. That's what you get for staying up so late when you know we have chores to do!" Achillean said humorously as he caught his breath from laughing.

Ingressus smirks and rolls his eyes before leaning down and offering a hand to his grounded friend. "So are you my parent now? I didn't even think there was such a thing as a bedtime," he said.

Achillean takes Ingressus' hand and stands up. Shakily getting to his feet and finding his even footing again.

"Are you alright?" Ingressus asked.

"Yeah, feeling a bit winded but still in one piece. Ehh... nice move by the way. Glad you never demonstrated that while we were on the crag, you would have me swimming with the fishes for sure," Achillean said.

"I'm tempted to do it next time. Heh, there are many things I still have yet to teach you about fighting," Ingressus said. "Some fights only require mere courage and a steady mindset for one to win most battles. Not every fight will be won using a physical weapon. Sometimes all it takes is what you already have."

"Unfortunately, another lesson for another time," Achillean said. "Come on we better hurry or we're going to be late, and I need to go talk to Raineus as well..."