IX

You all stood at the top of a frozen water fall. Looking down you can see that the ice is melting. Majority of the river below the waterfall is already melted. There is little time.

"We have to cross now." Peter states.

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy questions.

"I'm not that fast, dear." Beaver says.

"Come on." You tell them leading the way with Peter by your side.

"Wait, can we just think about this for a minute?" Susan panics.

"We don't have a minute." Peter argues.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." Susan defends herself.

"No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." Peter says. Susan stands there as everyone else heads down to the river. You then hear a wolf howl.

"Susan, come on. There's no time. We have to go." You say grabbing her arm. "Please."

You and Susan hold on to each other as you all are walking on a very narrow edge down to the river.

After getting all the way down you watch as the ice continues to break into pieces that then flow down the river. Peter attempts to step onto the river but the bottom wobbles. You grab his arm helping him back.

"Wait, maybe I should go first." Beaver says.

"Maybe you should." Peter says.

Beaver then steps onto the river, testing each step with his tail. A piece of ice breaks a little bit.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver teases.

"Well you never know which meal is going to be your last." He responds. "Especially with your cooking."

You all then follow him onto the ice. You're gripping Peters sleeve for balance. As you walk the ice starts to crack but only enough to scare you.

"If Mum knew what we were doing." Susan cried.

"Mums not here." Peter responds.

"Oh no!" Lucy yells looking at the top of the waterfall. You look to see the wolves running by, on their way down.

"Run!" Peter yells gripping your arm and Lucy's, Susan holding on to you.

The leader of the wolves then jumps in front of you, stopping you in your tracks, the rest of the wolves behind him.

Beaver threatens one with his paw hissing. The wolf then attacks him.

"No!" Mrs. Beaver cries.

"Peter!" Lucy shouts as the wolf gets closer. Peter draws his sword aiming it at the wolf leader.

"Put that down boy." He says." Someone might get hurt."

"Don't worry about me! Run him through." Beaver says.

"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you." He offers.

"Stop, Peter! Maybe we should listen to him!" Susan yells.

The wolf chuckles. "Smart girl."

"Don't listen to him. Kill him! Kill him now!" Beaver yells while still being held down.

"Oh come on. This isn't your war." The wolf starts to get closer. "All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go."

"Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it!" Susan yells.

"No Peter! Narnia needs you!" Beaver yells. "Get him while you still have a chance!"

"What's it gonna be, Som of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river." The wolf says.

"Peter!" You yell pointing to the waterfall as it starts to break.

"Hold onto me!" Peter tells the three of you. He then lifts his sword high and slams it into the ice. You then watch as the waterfall breaks entirely and water comes rushing towards you.

You find yourself apart from the group. You tumble under the water, hitting a few pieces of ice. You struggle and struggle until you find a larger piece and grab onto it. You look around but can't find the others. You kick and push the water until you get to the edge and climb out. You stand up and realize that your coat is missing. You then grab your bag to see that the book of Narnia is ruined, the pages soaked and torn.

"Y/N!" You hear from a distance. You cross your arms because of how cold it is, not to mention you're soaking wet. You start walking in the direction of the voices. "Y/N!".

"Has anyone seen my coat?" You say approaching the group.

"Y/N!" Lucy shouts before running to you and wrapping her arms around you.

"It's freezing." You chuckled hugging her back.

It was then that Susan gave you a hug. "I'm so glad you're all right." She smiled.

"Here you go." Peter said handing you the coat once Susan had moved.

"Thank you." You took the coat and stood there for a moment. You then reached up to give Peter a hug. After a moment he returned the action.

"Don't you worry dear. We're so close to the camp now." Beaver said.

"And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver said looking into the forest. You all began walking into the clear path. You noticed how the trees were full of flowers and the snow started to melt rather quickly. It was beautiful.