A Windborne Traveler

Start from the beginning

"That's right, Lumine! Southwards to Mondstadt!"

I followed the two through the woods before the voice of a familiar Outrider ordered them to stop. "Hey, you! Stop right there!" I watched as Amber leaped off a cliff and rolled to a stop before the two travelers. "May the Anemo God protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonious. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!"

Paimon spoke up as Lumine looked the sole Outrider up and down. "We're not looking for trouble."

"That's what all the troublemakers say."

I hopped down from my perch as Lumine introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Lumine."

Amber looked at her as I walked up behind the two travelers. "...Doesn't sound like a local name to me."

"Do they look like locals?" Lumine, Paimon, and Amber jumped as I spoke up.

"Gah! How'd you sneak up on Paimon?!"

"I used the trees." Paimon gave me a confused look. "Let 'em go, Amber. I was watching them for a bit and they don't look like they're up to no good."

Amber nodded. "I... see... Well, uh... This... mascot, Lumine was it? What's the deal with it?"

Lumine let out a smirk. "Emergency food." I couldn't help but laugh as Paimon let out a fit.

"Hey! That's even worse than being a mascot!"

Amber let out a smile as whatever remaining tension in the air vanished. "So to sum it up, you're traveling partners, right?" Lumine nodded. "Well look, there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Much bigger than the usual six that occasionally poke their heads out, but those dragons tend to avoid us humans." Archons damnit, guys... "Best you get inside the city as soon as possible. And Silver?"

I turned my attention from Mondstadt in the distance to her. "Yeah?"

"If you're here for a supply run, you'd best get it over with as soon as possible. I don't want to see you getting hurt."

I smiled and ruffled her hair, causing her to pout. "Don't worry about it, my staff knows what they're doing."

"I thought I told you to stop doing that! We're not that far off in age, y'know!" She took a bit of time to fix her hair. "Ahem. Mondstadt's not far from here, I'll escort you there."

I opened my mouth to question her, but Paimon beat me to the punch. "Oh? Aren't you out here for some other reason?"

"I am. But not to worry, I can keep all three of you safe while doing that too."

I narrowed my eyes as Amber stood proud. "You've been tasked to deal with some hilichurl camps that've been getting too close to the city, haven't you?"

Amber's eyes widened. "How--?"

"Amber, it's written all over your face. And besides, you know I can handle myself out there, no need to worry yourself over me." She made a move to protest but I shot it down. "Amber, just let us help, okay?"

Lumine perked up, confused. "Wait, 'us'?"

Amber looked between Lumine and me. "I... I guess I can let you guys help. But--."

I smiled and booped Amber on the nose, catching her off-guard. "Relax, I won't let any of us get hurt, okay? Now c'mon Lumine, I wanna see what a unique traveler such as yourself can do."

Lumine let out a sigh as we began to move out. "I had a feeling you were volunteering me..."

We walked for a bit before Amber asked a very good question. "So, suspicious travelers," Really? They're still suspicious? "what are you doing in Mondstadt?"