TWENTY EIGHT

dalton and lemon have been going strong for eight months. outer banks season two has aired and they are in the works of creating a season three.

drew is empty. he thinks of life a schedule; wake up, go to work, eat, hang out with friends, paint on a smile, sleep, repeat. and repeat. and repeat. it kills him to see him with lemon, knowing that she is happy with dalton, that she loves dalton. he knows he messed up, he never had intentions of his lunch with tati to be more than just lunch. he froze when lemon asked, he doesn't know why, but he messed up their relationship because he was too stubborn to say anything to lemon. he let her walk away because he was stubborn. god if only he wasn't stubborn.

lemon found her love for acting again and had auditioned for a role in a new teen drama taking place in the hamptons, new york. it is about a group of rich teenagers who live in the hamptons and their real life struggles in their lives, along with the typical over-dramatization that takes place in teen dramas. lemon auditioned for the part of amelia henley, daughter of the henley's who own an alcohol company, racking in big bucks. amelia is dating wells du pont but is in love with her brother's best friend bates hawthorne. she struggles through hiding and trying to recover from an eating disorder.

lemon and dalton have talked about doing long distance, since his busy schedule is already like long distance. lemon keeps telling him they don't have to talk about that yet since she hasn't gotten the part yet, but dalton is convinced she will get it.

"lemon! you're phone is ringing! pick it up before i do!" maddie yelled holding lemon's phone out to her, hoping it wad the casting director. lemon sprinted from her room and answered her phone.

"hello may i speak to lemon hastings?"

"this is her"

"hi miss hastings, i am calling on behalf of the part for amelia henley. we have looked through our options and have concluded that you are the perfect fit. we would like to fly into new york within the next month to start filming."

"oh my gosh, thank you so much. that sounds good, i am able to fly out whenever you need me" lemon held in a squeal as she stared into maddie's hopeful eyes

"wonderful miss hastings, we'll be in contact"

"MADDIE I GOT THE PART!" lemon jumped immediately as the phone hung up

"LEMON HASTINGS I'VE NEVER BEEN PROUDER!" maddie matched her energy as they jumped around in their kitchen.

lemon stopped jumping and lost her smile

"lemon what's wrong"

"i have to leave you and dalton and everyone else. what if long distance doesn't work out between me and dalton. what if i'm across the country and something happens. i don't think i can just up and leave" lemon explained.

"lemon, everything will work out. everything happens for a reason and you deserve this part. everyone would feel horrible if you gave it up because of those reasons. you're overthinking"

"you're right" lemon smiled, happy that maddie is always there for her when she needs her most.

"dalton! open the door!" lemon kicked the apartment door with her foot, as her hands were full

"it's open, babe"

"hand are full!" lemon called back as dalton opened the door

"a cake? did i forget an anniversary?" dalton half-joked, really hoping he didn't actually forget an anniversary

"no, but we are celebrating something" lemon hinted as she set the box on the table "open it" lemon gestured to the box as she smiled

dalton opened the white box to see a cake the read 'officially long-distance'

"officially long distance? i don't get it" dalton stared at the cake "it doesn't make sense"

"think about it dalton, what would make us go long distance, maybe moving because of a job..." lemon trailed on waiting for him to react. dalton's jaw dropped

"you got the part?!!" dalton wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tight, but pulled back to look her in her eyes when she didn't say anything "you got the part, right?"

lemon bit her lip and nodded at him

"i'm so proud of you babe!"

@FAYE82 POSTED!

liked by 2,323,439 usersfaye82 proud of this girl and everything she's accomplished tagged: citruslemonlocation: going places

faye82 proud of this girl and everything she's accomplished
tagged: citruslemon
location: going places