S C H O O L

I find it funny how one of the things that we're supposed to love and cherish so much can be so taxing.

Ya I'm sure in the end in someway its rewarding to have an education but no adults really care about how emotionally and physically draining just one day of it can be for us.

You have to wake up early to catch the bus or a ride and it feels like your getting driven to your holding cell where you are forced to learn from any ware from 6-8 hours a day.

Its not like you can just talk and have fun without being scolded or even get within six feet of anyone so really your getting no social interactions.

Especially if you are not in the same cohort or on the same schedule with any of your friends.

It's so awkward to go and talk to people nowadays that my teachers are begging for a response back from us or just a simple sign of comprehension but a lot of the times we don't even wanna muster up that. 

The work is never ending the teachers just throw a PowerPoint up on the board, and except us to be able to learn all these new  topics without a good explanation that sticks with us and is memorable.

Everyone that I knows grades aren't at there full potential as they were achieving last year, quarantine really hit students and teens really hard.

We get yelled at when we are using our phones or electronics to much when really we are just looking for an outlet to reach out and communicate with others on. Not only are we getting such devices taken away if we are on them for to long or if we aren't spending much time with our family it can grow annoying. 

I understand that we need to do good and perform well to be able to succeed but everyone has their breaking point and I feel that people need to understand that we can't be perfect all the time and that should be normalized.

You shouldn't have to spend 2 hours crying over your math work or a bad grade on a test cause in the long run when you look back its really not gonna hold you accountable.

Do you really think that in your retirement home you and ur fellow elders are gonna be still frustrated about how you failed your Spanish quiz in middle or high school, no!

Yet still school provides so much stress and anxiety and keeps you under chains of fear about your future, and other things like...

Will I make it?

Did I put in enough effort?

How many more hours should I study for?

While we are literally children still practically babies, and people wonder why they could have made there childhood better and hung out more with their friends. 

The answer I keep coming to is that we shouldn't have to worry about our four page science essay, we should be out and having fun.

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try but people keep telling us that these are gonna be the best years of our lives when really we are just being held back.

Don't even get me started on all the social anxiety, insecurities, and lack of confidence school can provide you with on top of the massive cloud of stress and pressure for you to succeed that is hovering over your head.

My final thoughts are that we shouldn't be forced in fear of school and our futures we should just be living in the moment and enjoying all the memories that we are making everyday.

Now that doesn't mean I want you to flunk and not do well but I do want you to prioritize your self and your needs before other people cause you should be your own main priority.

Do you need a break?

Take it!

You wanna go with ur friend to that movie?

Go girl!

Ever feel a little shy to put on that new dress?

Try it!

You never know if you don't try it out and trust me one day when you 85 and sitting out on your porch looking out over your family that you've created you don't want to be living with regrets like....

Why did I never try that sport?

Talk to her?

Share my feelings?

Cause by then its coming to be to late to accomplish all your goals when you should be starting on them today.

Just live life to the fullest and with no regrets and especially don't let school drive those thoughts you'll thank yourself later darling, that is do stay safe and don't constantly put urself in danger.

Have a good day or night where every you are if you see this!

Remember to take care of and love urself and message me if I can help you with anything your going threw!

Lots of love,

-A