III - The Hogwarts Express

Start from the beginning

***

The day came where she was going to go to Kings Cross so that she could board the Hogwarts Express with the other students. Even though she wasn't planning on talking to many people and had packed along with the book that Professor McGonagall gave her, she knew that Professor McGonagall was hoping that she would make some friends her age. So, they walked out past the apparition point, and Astra held onto Minnie's hand as the sensation of apparating filled her.

Platform 9 3/4 was filled with people, families waving goodbye, and children that were catching up with their friends.

"Alright, I'll leave you here. Make some friends, and I will see you again at Hogwarts for the Sorting Ceremony."

Astra nodded and, for the first time since she was adopted, hugged Minnie. At first, she was a bit taken aback, but the professor patted Astra on the back and waved her hand, symbolizing that she should go onto the train.

Immediately, she knew that her plan to sit by herself in a compartment, read, and talk to Regulus, James, or Lily would not work. The train was filled to the brim with people, and she could only hope to sit with some who were quiet. It was a bit weird to watch people walk through the dead, seeing as Astra saw them very visible and solid, but no sooner than she got on, James excused himself for a second, saying he was looking for a compartment. Astra rolled her eyes; James couldn't sit in a compartment, and he could just move easily, seeing as he was a spirit.

While she was pondering those thoughts, James came back quickly.

"Come here, Astra! Harry's in the compartment right over there. Come on, I was worried that he wouldn't make his way here, but it looks like the Weasleys showed him the way. If you don't become friends, I'll never forgive myself!"

"James! Don't force them to be friends! Even though it would be nice. Go on, it would be good for him to have someone else in his compartment."

Astra rolled her eyes again but followed James to the compartment where his son was in. She poked her head in, and asked, "Hello, do you mind if I sit here?"

Harry, who had been looking out the window, turned around and nodded, saying "Not at all." He was a scrawny boy, with broken glasses and clothes that were way to big for him. However, getting past the exterior, he looked like a younger version of James, except with Lily's eyes.

Astra didn't have any of her luggage, seeing that it was already in Hogwarts, so she sat down on the opposite side and opened her book. She avoided seeing the frantic movements from James, who kept moving his hands around his mouth, trying to make her talk to Harry, and Lily who was constantly slapping James to stop. Regulus was on the other side of the compartment, watching the couple in amusement.

With a sigh, Astra gave in to James, and said, "I'm Astra Black, what's your name?" She already knew what Harry's name was, but it would seem a bit off if she walked in and knew it. However, just as he was about to answer, a red-headed boy poked in the compartment.

"Anyone sitting here? Everywhere else is full."

Harry and Astra shook their heads as Astra pulled her book back out. But she just found her page when a pair of red-headed twins, who looked quite similar to the other red-headed boy (or maybe that was just because they were all redheads), opened the compartment again. She heaved a sigh, but left her book open, not feeling the need to converse with the boys.

"Hey, Ron."

"Listen, we're going down the middle of the train, Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there."