“He told you that?” I asked in a daze. I hadn’t realized that it was noteworthy, well noteworthy for him anyway.

“Yes he did, he also mentioned something about you wanting to be a nature photographer.”

“He seriously told you that?”

“Yes, Isn’t it true?” Tatiana asked uncertain, she turned to look at me as we headed up the mountain.

“Yes it is but why would he do that?” I asked not really expecting an answer. I mean I thought I was just some girl to him back then, not worth mentioning.

“There are a lot of things about Ethan that you don’t know. He obviously liked you back then already.”

“He did?” I asked rather shocked. He never showed it or at least if he did I never noticed.

“Yeah, he did. Come on we don’t want to be out after dark.”

“Okay.” I said absently lost in my thoughts. Ethan liked me back then, why didn’t I notice, was I so clueless. But the way he acted towards me in the beginning… what was that all about? Did he want to keep what he was different a secret?

I looked around and immediately recognized the meadow. The numerous flowers where gone by now, seen as it was fall. It looked so different from the last time I was here. I spotted the dead shrub still in the same place and remembered taking Ethan’s picture right in that spot. I need to go home and see if he’s picture is still there or if he even deleted it in the first place.

We stopped by the river and for a little while we stood watching the fish swim by in silence.

“You are most probably wondering what we are? How is it that myself, Connor and Ethan are able to do the things we can do?”

“Well it has crossed my mind once or twice.” Psst once or twice, more like the only thing I can think of.

“Well we are Reaper’s servants to Death.”

“Reaper’s as in the dude in the black cloak with the scythe that goes around killing people?” She signed as she started walking alongside the river and I slowly followed keeping in step.

“I hate that image, everyone thinks we look like that when in fact we look nothing like that and we don’t kill people… well not all the time. We’re more like… collectors slash delivery boys, kind of like a courier company. We collect the souls and deliver them to death.”

“Wait a sec… I thought Death and The Reaper were one in the same. If you’re the Reaper then who’s Death?”

“We’re not, thank god, you’ve met Death already.”

“I have?” I asked shocked. I would have remembered if I had met Death. I'm absolutly sure of it.