Her

"I'll see you in a bit" I say as I leaned in to give her a quick peck in the cheek before getting off her purple Range Rover and made my way to the company building's entrance swiftly.

Through the window, she gave me a light nod that was accompanied by her sweet smile before driving off to park her car in her dedicated parking spot as the secretary of Mr Pfister and Mr Nutter, the founders of Kineros Robotics.

Even though we have been dating for months now and heading to work together is part of our daily routine, we had never once entered the building together to prevent any unnecessary suspicions or gossips from the other employees.

As I walked into the building, I greeted Emily at the front desk and made my way to the elevators. To my luck, one of the elevators was already open. I walked into the elevator and impatiently pushed the close button several times after selecting the floor that I work on.

Just as the door was about to close, the sound of heels tapping rapidly on the floor echoes across the high-ceilinged lobby and a woman's hand appeared in between the closing elevator doors to stop them from closing further.

My whole body froze when the doors reopened to reveal her.

My chest tightened, body turned cold as tears start to form in my eyes. Not knowing how to react, I pretended to not see her and looked down at my feet, using my hair to cover most of my face.

Dammit Char keep it together, you can't cry in front of her. Don't you remember how deep she's hurt you when she left you two years ago? She disappeared one day just like that without a word and have never even tried to reach you ever since. She's not worth your tears.

"Hey" the light-browned skin woman greeted, before biting her under lip and turned around to face the closed elevator doors.

Still maintaining my stiff posture, I tried to form some kind of greeting from my mouth but nothing came out. Feeling the uncomfortable atmosphere around us grow, I clenched onto the handle of my hand bag tightly with my trembling hand.

After what seemed like an eternity, the doors finally opened upon reaching the fifth floor.

"Well, this is me. It's nice seeing you again Char" the woman says, before walking out of the elevator gracefully.

Watching her figure slowly becoming smaller and smaller as she advances further into the hallway, I let out a long, shaky breath and planted my face into my hands. All the memories and questions were pouring out from the deep corners of my brain like water rushing out from a water dam.

For the longest time, I'd tried almost everything I could think of to move on, to forget her and there was a time I actually thought that it worked. But deep down, I know I could never move on from her, I loved her with all my heart and I still do. She was my fiancée after all.