Chapter 2

{Matts POV}

*walking to fourth period algebra II*

It's been a week since me and V split up. I still can't believe this happened, it is actually happening. I can't even walk the school hallways without seeing V and Lucas all over each other. It's like their trying to rub it in my face. Like they are trying to intentionally hurt me. We all were so close how could they want to intentionally hurt me like this. I just don't get i-

My thoughts were interrupted by a short, light brown haired girl, who I guess I ran into while i was thinking to myself not paying attention to where i was going. I guess V and Lucas saw, I looked over and they weren't down each other's throats anymore, they were laughing at us.

Girl: "Oh my gosh Matthew I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. It was an accident. I promise Please don't-"

She kept rambling on and on I wasn't really listening. All I could see or hear was the laughter of my ex girlfriend and ex best friend.

Girl: "and I-" I interrupted her.

Me: "look, whatever your name is-" I started to say

Girl: "megan, im in your algebra II and physics class " she interrupted

Me: I sarcastically smile.."look..Megan, that's great and all but next time just watch where you're going. Maybe try being social and not burying your head in that dumb book you're always reading" I say as I walk away."

{Megans POV}

Matt: "look..Megan, that's great and all but next time just watch where you're going. Maybe try being social and not burying your head in that dumb book you're always reading" he says right before walking away.

Me: "oh, um okay we'll BY THAN" I shout down the hallway as I wave.

Well that was kind of rude of him. I mean after all it was his fault. He wasn't watching where he was going. He was probably watching Vanessa and her new boy toy. She has a new one every week, Matthew was just too sweet and dumb too see her foolish games. She's been two timing him since they started dating. If I was his girlfriend I wouldn't cheat on him, I'd treat him with respect. She doesn't deserve him, she never will, never has. He really liked her though, despite how bad she treated him. While I'm trying to rush to last period algebra I hear someone behind me call my name.

Girls voice: "hey, you, Megan is it?"

I turn around to see Vanessa. How does she know my name? I didn't know she knew my name. Wow. But wait, why is she calling my name. I've never spoken to her before, like ever. Well unless I wanna count that time in freshman year when she 'accidentally' tripped me in front of all her and Matthews friends and then sarcastically said "oops sorry my bad."

Vanessa: "Hello?!!! Earth to dorkling"

Me: "oh um hi Vanessa. How are-" I was interrupted

{Vanessa's POV}

I was making out with Lucas when I hear a bunch of school books fall. I can't help but laugh when I see its matt and some nerd. Oh my gosh that freak of a nerd totally has a crush on myy Matthew. Aw that's so cute, in a sort of pathetic way. I mean her and Matthew yeah right. not even in her pathetic little dreams. She totally bumped into him on purpose. She made a move, nice but she shouldn't be pulling "moves" on my matt. I'm gonna go talk to her, let her know her place.

Me: "hey LUCAS I um gtg. Gotta go handle a quick chore. I will see you after school? My house 4 o'clock?" I say as I twirl my hand in his.

Lucas: "sure babe. See ya later" he says than kisses me on the cheek and goes to fourth period.