Chapter Two

A voice said, "Krissy, it's Angel. We have another body. It is the work of the guy who has been getting rid of women's' faces to make sure we cannot identify them."

            I replied, "I will be right there."

            Angel responded, "Okay. See you here."

            I said, "Bye."

I hung up my cellphone. Dexter looked at me. I looked back at him.

            I said, "We have a body. It is not the hooker killer though. It is the other guy."

            Dexter replied, "Oh not him. He is worse than the hooker killer in my opinion. He is sloppy and messy. He lives evidence behind. I am surprised we haven't caught him yet."

            "That is true. I am going to agree with you on that. I promise you, we will find him. Let's get going" I said with determination.

            Dexter said, "Yeah that would be a good idea. We would not want to be late to a crime scene."

            I responded, "Yeah, LaGuerta might throw a big fit if we are late."

Dexter laughed when I said that. LaGuerta likes to flirt with him a lot. He doesn't like it when she does. He always laughs at the stuff I say about her at times. He also thinks I am pretty funny.

Dexter and I walked out of his apartment. We got in my car. I drove off to the crime scene destination. We arrive at the crime scene. Dexter and I get out of the car. We walk up to the yellow tape. Angel met us there. He let Dexter go under the yellow tape but he stopped me.

I asked, "What the hell Angel? I should be allowed on this crime scene. I am the head of this case."

"I don't think you want to be here..I have some information that will destroy you and I don't want to do that to you" Angel replied.

I gave him a confused looked and asked, "What do you mean? What kind of information? What would destroy me?"

Angel sighed sadly and said, "If you wish to know then I guess I can't keep you from the truth. You will find out anyways since it will be in the case file and you can just read it. The dead woman is..Virginia  Marshall..your mother..I am truly sorry.."

I froze there. I could not believe my ears. I got under the yellow tape and pushed Angel out of the way. I ran up to the body. Dexter was there taking photos of the crime scene. Vince was analyzing the body. I looked at the body. It was my mother, I recognized her flower dress. She always wore it. I fell to my knees. I began to cry.

I yelled sadly and angrily, "Where is this bastard? I am going to kill him! Someone find him and bring him to me. I want him tied up so I can shoot him straight in the head!"

LaGuerta and Doakes looked over at me. They came over near us. LaGuerta motioned for Dexter to get me out of here. Dexter grabbed me and took me to the car. I tried to fight him but it didn't work. He put me in the car. He put his stuff in the car. He got into the car and drove off.

We arrived at his house. He carried me into his apartment. He laid me onto his bed. I was still crying but I was crying more loud and harder. Dexter got into the bed. He moved closer to me. He pulled me close to his chest. I blushed a bit but was still crying.

I said sobbing loudly, "Why did he take her? She was a sweet and loving woman. Why?"

Dexter replied, "I don't know why. I wish I could answer the question hun but I can't. I am here for you. You can let all your emotions out on me."