𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄︰Afraid of Opportunity.

Start from the beginning

"That game was not that intense, calm it." I smiled as I handed him his money, "You should keep doing this. .you could rack up one-hundred dollars if you keep playing for twenty each game. Or even more."

Mike threw the empty water bottle into the bin as we made our way outside of the gate. He handed me he a ten as my eyebrows knitted together.

"You deserve something for the way you be hawking these fools down on the court." Mike laughs. I playfully punched him in his shoulder while he laughs continuously,

"What-ever! I make sure these fools ain't tryna play you, so ya welcome."

Mike and I are tied to the hip and always have been ever since I could remember. My father and his mother were best-friends since their freshman year in high school so it'd was convenient that their children would be.

It was just a very huge coincidence that our birthdays were only a day apart. We shared birthdays together often since toddlers, I was just two years to his eleven.

We often did everything together, he was like another brother to me in addition to my two already.

"Yo Mike! Nene!" Mike and I both turn around to see a short kid running up to us. The short kid so happens to be another one of my best-friends.

Ricky Bell. Who we normally called Slick for that slick ass personality of his.

He daps me up first then Mike, "Strict poppa know you outside, Peaches?" Ricky taunted me.

"Strict mama know you outside?" Mike and I spoke together unexpectedly and laughed. Ricky shook his head no with a smirk, which I knew already. His mother was too occupied with gossiping on her rotary phone.

"Man, she still thinks I'm in my room." He tells us. "But anyway, y'all still coming with to see Bob perform? Y'know it's his first show." Ricky asks as he walks with us.

I scoff softly under my breath at the name leaving his mouth, "No, I gotta be back at Mike's house before my father or he'll be upset." I made an excuse and stopped walking. It wasn't a lie, it was just a truthful excuse not to go see their friend, Bobby.

      "Here you go! Always worried about how your dad'll feel. Newsflash, he don't like nothing and even I know that." Ricky crossed his arms, "You should stop being a punk and come along."

I pull my neck back at him calling me a punk because if anything, that was one thing I wasn't. "Who you calling a punk?"

Ricky looked around and back to me, "Railroad mouth herself." He and Mike laughed as they dapped each other up, "You act like you scared to do anything."

Ricky was gonna give me the harsh truth whether I liked it or not. I only met him about a year ago yet we clicked immediately, especially with the way we spoke to each other.

Despite his rude delivery he was correct. Not about the anything part but about my father. He was consistent about anything he did including how he raised me so if I did anything out of the ordinary, only Lord knows what'll happen because I wasn't gonna find out.

"Okay, fine." I shrugged, "I'll go but we gotta be back before eight." I told them as we walked again. I hit Ricky on the back of his neck as he winced, "Apologize for calling me railroad mouth, stupid."