Chapter 1

Side note : This story is solely based on Maya's Pov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been months since Lucas just joined our school as the new kid . We've been hanging out with the clique and it ends there . No spark . No hints . Nothing . Ever since i first saw him in the subway train , i knew he was the one but i'm not the type to keep a committed relationship or even know how to show real emotions . The only way i do that is by expressing it through art and music . I only did the entire 30 seconds of 'dating' him to show Riley how to flirt and possibly get to know people . I didn't know she would actually catch real feelings for him . Thats bad because i caught it too .

Through those months , it came clear that he has obvious genuine feelings for Riley and i knew he'd never have any for me . So i've been calling him names and forcing myself to hate him in hope that i'll eventually get over him but its still there . I can't possibly tell Riley , Lucas is her first love just like he is to me and first love are always hard to walk away from .

I can't tell Lucas either because i've been showing him and the rest of the school that i'm one heck of a rebel . I can't show them i'm vulnerable , it makes it easier for people to step all over me . So i hide it , all of it and the only way for a person to understand me is if they could understand my art .

That morning i immediately got dressed after i woke up and head over to Riley's house where i'd normally pick her up and we'd walk to school together .

I pressed on the receiver and spoke to it .

"Hey losers , its Maya"

There was a 'beep' followed by Riley's voice .

"Coming" She replied through the receiver all perky and cheery .

We grabbed hold of each other by the arm and made our way to school .