Holding Onto Hope

"Hey!!!! Spencer. Long time no see!"

Reece walks up to us and puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Glad you two are havin a good time! Just needed a little post breakup fun if you know what a i meaaaaaaan." She awkwardly laughs and trips over her enormous heals.

She was obviously drunk.

"Are you- Are you okay Reece? You seem a littl-

"Heeeeeyyyy Im totally fineeee it's not like you chose serial killers and criminals over me!! Actually I'm gonna head home."

Spencer looks worried. It's been almost three months since the breakup and she was obviously not handling it very well.

"No, I'm actually gonna take you home, I'll find a way to bring your car home tomorrow." Said Reid being the gentleman he is.

On the inside, I was totally rolling my eyes. We were having a moment. A real moment me and him. Dang it why does everything always have to go wrong!!

Except on the outside all I could say was

"Great Idea! Maybe she should just stay over at your house so you don't have to drive her to hers since it's quite a ways away, and you have a buz Spence."

You

ARE

KIDDING??

I just told him to take his Ex-Girlfriend home, to his apartment, while she is drunk and still in love with him.

I know he wouldn't do anything.

I think he is over her.

I hope.

It was SUPPOSED to be sarcastic, and wasn't supposed to be said aloud. However, I did say it aloud and because I said it to Spencer, he couldn't tell it was sarcastic, so he took her to his apartment and she slept in his bed, while he took the couch.

He was texting me all night telling me how loud she snores. The texts went like this.

Just got home. Thank you.
Of course. How is she?
She is alright. Asleep. My bed.
Oh. With you?
No. Couch.

Thank you God.

Gotcha. so. How are you?
Been better. I enjoyed
tonight. Thank you Liz.
It took my mind off
everything. You took
my mind off everything.
Of course. I enjoyed it too.
Goodnight Liz.
Goodnight Spence.