~ACOIAD Special Scene~

Something had been plaguing Patrick's mind for a long, long time. Something no one but himself knew. The fae was always one to bottle things up, and this was no exception. He knew he needed to say something before it got too late, and that's what he was planning on doing.

The blond haired fae stood in the entryway to the kitchen and dining room of his small house. One hand rested against the wall as he surveyed his parents moving around the kitchen, preparing dinner for the three of them. It was just him and his parents that lived here, in the capital city of the Summer Court. A small house on the city's limits.

The seventeen-year-old watched, having been standing there for at least five minutes, but was still going unnoticed. He watched as his mother's long, bright blond hair swayed back and forth as she moved from the stove to the fridge, and back again. His father stood at the counter, chopping something that he couldn't quite see. It seemed like they were nearing the ened of their cooking, so it was now or never.

"Mom? Dad?" Patrick spoke softly as he took a step into the kitchen, eyeing his parents worriedly. Maybe this should wait until after dinner, when they weren't busy. No, he needed to do it now. He couldn't shove it off anymore.

Patrick watched as both of his parents turned to face him, his mom's bright blue eyes meeting his, as well as his dad's sea green eyes. Both were obviously Summer fae, with their bright blond hair and blue-green colored eyes, and wingless bodies. Patrick was a perfect mixture of them both, looks-wise.

"Yes, Patrick? What is it?" his mother asked. She had always been the more protective one out of the two. His dad was more carefree with him, but often went with whatever his mother decided. Patrick couldn't remember a time where his dad had disagreed with his mom, at least in the most recent years. At least with a decision about him. 

Patrick swallowed hard, feeling the nerves building up inside him as he stared at his parents. "U-Um, can we. . . c-can we talk? There's something I-I need to talk to you guys about," he said slowly. He watched as concern filled both of their eyes, and it made him even more nervous. Of course they would think something was wrong. Well, depending how they took it, they would think something was wrong. The thought made him feel sick. 

His mom opened her mouth to speak, but his dad answered first. "Of course. What is it?"

Patrick didn't want to just blurt it out in the middle of the kitchen, so he glanced at their small living room, then looked back at his parents. "C-Can we sit?"

Both his parents seemed even more concerned upon him asking that. He watched as his mom turned the stove off, then the three of them slowly walked into the living room. Patrick swallowed hard as he sat on one of the couches, his parents sitting down side by side on the couch across from it. 

"What is it, Patrick?" his mom asked this time, her voice much more serious. It was no doubt that they could see the worry on Patrick's face, and how tense he was. He was even more pale in the face than normal, visibly very scared. 

Patrick didn't know how to start it. Did he just. . . blurt it out? Was there some sort of lead up that would make things better? Maybe he should have rehearsed this instead of just going in blind. Well, he was going to have to say it eventually, they had been sitting in silence for at least thirty seconds. Just say it, he told himself. 

"M-Mom, D-Dad, I-I'm. . . I-I'm. . . I'm g-gay," Patrick finally blurted out. He dug his nails deep into his thighs, desperately fighting back the tears that he already felt building up in his eyes. There, he said it. It was the moment of truth. And he had never been more terrified in his life.

He watched his parents' expressions carefully, watching them morph into shock. His mom seemed more dumbfounded than his dad, which terrified him. An awkward silence had filled the room, one that made Patrick almost break down into tears, but he fought it off.