Chapter 22 - Set Up

THIRD PERSON

It's been a bit over 2 months now, after the sleepover took place and the two rookie groups have grown closer than before. Though they still couldn't show it to the public, they tried very hard to keep it all a secret but when one messed up, they all got caught.

So, you might be asking, who messed up? Here's who,

Choi.

Beomgyu.

The boy had accidentally poked Yuna on the shoulder to get her attention, thinking nobody's eyes were on them. And let's just say, those two were horrified to go out for 3 days straight after that. But, all jokes aside, they got to finally reveal their groups' friendship to the world and they couldn't be happier.

So, let's go to the present - where they're currently at the KBS building.

The two groups are in one waiting room, being as loud as they ever will be, when a knock on the door interrupts the commotion inside the room. The one closest to the door, Yeji, slightly cracks it open. Mr. Kang's head pops through the crack, "Hey, guys!" he greeted, cheerfully.

"Hello!" they all said, returning the cheerful greeting. Mr. Kang chuckles before carefully swinging the door open to stand properly, "Beomgyu and Ryujin, you guys are up in five. Don't wanna be late on the last day of emceeing, do you?" he teasingly asked, to which the two grins at.

"Of course, it was stuck on my mind 'til last night that it made me restless.." Ryujin exclaimed, adding a shocked gesture at the end of her exclamation. Meanwhile, Beomgyu had his arm hooked around her shoulders. He shakes his head, "Sure.. I called you last night and you fell asleep when I didn't even start talking yet." he commented.

"No, I did not! You liar."

"Yes, you did. I heard your snores very clearly, Ryu."

They break into a fit of laughter, Mr. Kang glances at his watch before gesturing towards the couple. "Let's go, kids!" he exclaimed, as if he was a father trying to excite his kids by pointing towards the big stage. Ryujin and Beomgyu follow him out towards the stage, "I'll be down here if you need me." said Mr. Kang, pointing at the ground.

The three exchange smiles before Ryujin and Beomgyu went up the stage, meeting with Haechan who was already standing on stage with a microphone and some cue cards in his hands. "Wow, you're here earlier than expected." Beomgyu pointed out, giving him a 'not-bad' frown.

Haechan rolls his eyes before extending his arm outward, "I'm holding a weapon." he threatened, addressing it to the microphone in his hand. Ryujin smirks before leaning sideways, closer to Haechan and whispering some words. "Quite the bully, aren't you? Ms. Shin?"

Beomgyu, obviously not following the subject, quickly intervenes. "What did she say?" he playfully squints his eyes at her. "She told me to hit you." an exaggerated gasp came from Beomgyu. "How dare you?"

Before the trio could joke around more, "We're going live!" the director announced.

. . .

"Hey, Haechan." Beomgyu called as he catches up with him whilst the two were going back stage, Ryujin is already ahead of them and she's probably in the waiting room with the others. Haechan turns his head towards him before greeting him with a smile, "Hey," he said.

"You wanna hangout sometime?" he asked, one of his hands making its way onto Haechan's shoulder. A smirk plays one his lips, "Me and Ryujin are going out tonight, wondering if you'd wanna tag along." he stated, glancing at him. "Come with?" he tilts his head as he waits for an answer.

"I'm..busy. I have to practice." Beomgyu stifles a laugh, "You won't be thridwheeling, it's a double date. I told Ryujin to invite a friend." he explained, taking a larger step forward before turning around to face him, walking backwards. Haechan eyes the boy's legs before shrugging, "Eh, I need my manager's permission to skip practice." he said.

"And I doubt he'll let me." he continued, not letting Beomgyu list out more silly reasons. Beomgyu stays quiet for a bit, "Please? Just tell him you have an emergency." he pleaded. Haechan rolls his eyes, What kind of emergency?" Beomgyu raises his hands. "I don't know? Anything minor."

Haechan heaves a sigh before nodding his head, giving in. Before he could say anything, Beomgyu jumps up and sprints towards the waiting room where all his members are, celebrating with his arms up.

---

Haechan anxiously nibbles on his bottom lip, looking around for any sign of Beomgyu and Ryujin. He has to admit, he got a bit excited because he couldn't wait to find out who Ryujin will bring with her but, it seems like that was a waste. He grabs onto his phone that he had set down in front of him, on the table.

To Beom:
Where the hell are you

He sent the message to Beomgyu, still biting on his lip. He would occasionally glance up at the door whenever he heard the bell ring, but he's greeted with disappointment everytime.

Ding!

He didn't even bother to look up as he already knows that it isn't Beomgyu or Ryujin, he 'patiently' waits for a reply but before he could unlock his phone to spam messages to Beomgyu, a figure sits down in front of him.

He lifts his head up, eyes meeting with the person's. "Um, hi?" he said, unsure of how to react. She suddenly pulls down her mask that she had been wearing for who-knows-how-long. Haechan's eyes widens in surprise, "What are you doing here?!" he questioned.

Yiren shrugs her shoulders, "Beomgyu told me to sit at the table where you're sitting at, so I did it!" she reasoned out, hands up as if she's surrendering to something. Haechan sighs and calms himself down, if it wasn't for his phone chiming along with Yiren's, they could've just been sitting there with nothing to do.

They both glance at each other before unlocking their phones, "No way.." Yiren mumbled, almost dropping her phone. "They set us up." Haechan grumbled, gritting his teeth. He's mad- well, maybe not so mad, but- you get the point. He's definitely greeting Beomgyu with a hard smack tomorrow morning.

----

Okay, I know I said I might not update for a while but- sIKE(?)..........

Uhm, just- enjoy it please.