"I swear, I was thinking I'd grow old with only child still unmarried."

"This is great news, hun!"

"Mom, dad." you warned with a soft voice. You had no idea that they would react so positively but they were getting ahead of themselves, Ukai-kun might be weirded out or something.

But then you felt a touch on your hand which was on your lap. You looked down to see Ukai slide his hand from your wrist into your palm. He slowly rubbed his thumb back and forth on the back of your hand. You looked up to see his face, he was looking at your parents who were conversing excitedly with one another. Seeing his small but genuine smile made your worries falter. You felt that this gesture was his way of saying he liked all of this, and that's exactly what his intentions were.

🐱🐱🐱

"I had no idea!" your mom said.

"Sorry, I forgot to mention it. It totally went out of my head." you placed the tips of your forefingers on your forehead, cursing at your brain.

"It's fine, really." Ukai-kun insists, rubbing the back of his neck.

"We're so sorry for keeping you late." your mother starts. "You can't go home at this time." she thinks for a while.

"Yes. How 'bout you stay with (name)-san for the night. Her apartment has a spare room." your father says, which made you turn to him. Your mother nkds in agreement. Are these even parents? I didn't know such creatures could suggest such a thing! Not against the suggestion, but to hear it from my father- I

Ukai's POV

They left no room to negotiate. So, it was definite, I'd be staying in Nekomata-san's apartment for the night.

Coming from the Nekomata household's house, I learned a few things. One Nekomata-chan had cool parents that doted on her. Two, Nekomata-chan's never been in a relationship before despite having multiple suitors like her mother said. Three, their family has a succession of volleyball players similar to mine. Her father played, her grandfather played, her uncle played, her cousins plays, her neices and nephews are willingly learning to play. [Choose between the four: 1 She plays too, even up to this day. 2 She did too, and still does from time to time. 3 Even she did at some point. 4 She didn't happen to play though.] And I learned a few other things.

🐱🐱🐱

Nekomata-chan's place was very clean, organized. There weren't a lot of things, but just enough to be able to name her interests. We just arrived and she was serving me some water, she poured herself a glass as well. We were standing along the small dining area. When I put the glass down from my mouth, I noticed that she was looking at me a certain way.

"What's on your mind?" I ask.

"Ukai-kun, can I give you a hug?" I smirked at this.

"Yeah." I say quietly.

I slightly spread my arms. She approaches me and puts her arms around my neck, her chin leaning on my shoulder. Because of the hight difference, she had to tip toe while I had to crouch down. Despite that though, it was very comfortable. My arms were wrapped around her small waist, my hands firmly holding on.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry." she says in a whisper.

"Why?"

"You did a lot. You cooked for me and drove me all the way here, right after a very important and successful match. I really enjoyed today.. truly! But so much happened, I'm worried that you might have gotten overwhelmed. You even met my parents. To think that we just had our first date within the same day. Were they too much?"

This made me recall something from earlier...

"Oh (name)-chan, come with me. We bought some vegetables for you, bring them." her father leaves with her to go somewhere in the back.

"Please take care of her, Ukai-kun. She'll surely care for you, as she should." her mother tells me, giving me a pat on the shoulder.

Right now, that's exactly what she was doing- caring. She was very considerate. And this concern made me feel good, it made me feel warm inside. But there was absolutely no need for that 'sorry'.

"No, not at all. Don't apologize. Your parents were great. This day went great. I really like you, maybe even more now."

She released from the hug. It looked like she was trying to find any inconsistencies through my eyes, as if I was downplaying my unease. She should stop looking, there's none of it here. I brought my lips closer to the top of her head, giving it a kiss and keeping it there for a second.

"I really like you too." She says with a shy smile. She was already at the tip of her toes, so she pulled me down instead to plant a soft kiss on my cheek.

After this intimate gesture, she pulled me over to an area...

to meet her nameless fish.

🐱🐱🐱

Your POV

"(name)-chan, I heard you went to Miyagi." coach Naoi elbowed you teasingly with a calculative grin.

Your attention left from the papers your sofu left you to look after. "Jokes on you coach Naoi!" you swat him away. "He took me on a date, while you're still single at 26!".

Coach Naoi froze. Was that too mean or is he just too sensitive?

"My grandaughter? Dating?" you heard your sofu from behind you, he was supposed to be napping.

"Yupp.. while I'm still single at 26!" coach Naoi says with clear sarcasm, later laughing at your misfortune.

A/n: Yaaayyyy! Got another update in, as promised. Hope you liked it <3